What’s your view on the latest coronavirus briefing?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm not an anti vaxxer, far from it, there are many illnesses that children simply don't get anymore because of vaccines, so they're good, yes?

Most of the time they are., but let's not forget things like Thalidomide, over 10,000 horribly deformed babies and the fifty year battle for compensation from the German manufacturer for the few hundred survivors.

I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to the fact that all anti vaxxers are nutters, there's enough evidence to suggest otherwise.

article-1138955-002F8EF600000258-941_233x423.jpg

10,000 of these little chaps, something like 300 survived to receive compensation because of their shortened lifespan, and all for a 'vaccine' to prevent morning sickness.

I would personally take a vaccine and if I had kids, I'd likely have them vaccinated, but looking at that picture, I'd certainly sympathise with anyone who held a different view.

Most of the time they are., but let's not forget things like Thalidomide, over 10,000 horribly deformed babies and the fifty year battle for compensation from the German manufacturer for the few hundred survivors.
Not a vaccine. But yes it was a massive cockup with serious repercussions.

Post thalidomide the testing regime was heavily reworked. At the time only healthy young men were used for any medication testing. Including occasionally for medicines and treatments just for women.

Since then there are phase 3 and 4 trials which are used to make sure that doesn't happen again where a full range of participants are tested to make sure it doesn't have odd/unpleasant/dangerous effects in some part of the population.

Short version: That shouldn't happen again.

Thalidomide is still prescribed today, just not for morning sickness.

Not a vaccine. But yes it was a massive cockup with serious repercussions.

Post thalidomide the testing regime was heavily reworked. At the time only healthy young men were used for any medication testing. Including occasionally for medicines and treatments just for women.

Since then there are phase 3 and 4 trials which are used to make sure that doesn't happen again where a full range of participants are tested to make sure it doesn't have odd/unpleasant/dangerous effects in some part of the population.

Short version: That shouldn't happen again.

Thalidomide is still prescribed today, just not for morning sickness.

And oddly enough, been talked about in trials for Covid. It's a funny old world.

And oddly enough, been talked about in trials for Covid. It's a funny old world.
It is being talked about, often by anti Vaxxers (drugs are bad man!), and because it's a depressingly recent (1957-1962 ish) example of where medical testing failed. It is also relevant when people suggest rushing vaccines through without full testing. There's a reason we have so many rounds of testing, avoiding Thalidomide type disasters is one of them.

We waited until our kids were in their teens before giving them jabs.

We waited until our kids were in their teens before giving them jabs.
Better they had it late than not, but when you take that approach at a population level it is how you get low enough levels of vaccination that outbreaks of well controlled conditions like measles can happen again. It's also a poor bet in terms of risks when you crunch the numbers.

But humans evolved in an environment where detailed statistical analysis was not a key selector for survival. We're all born to be crap at statistics.

Your lack of vision is astounding.
Could it possibly be, oh, I don't know, that she was interviewed on TV and in the papers?

Do you think I have to be there in person to verify this?

FFS.
Heard the expression "" fake news"?? Probably not.FFSssss....""""Lack of vision.""rich from a Dopy Father waiting until his kids are teens to vaccinate them.Completely brainless never mind visionless.

Last edited by a moderator:

I noticed how you managed to fit in your hatred of all things European -here we have a German manufacturer

but its dwarfed by the opioid crisis in the USA, which has led to a generation of addiction and responsible for 100s of thousands of deaths
thats what you get when you give healthcare to the hands of capitalists

Sponsored Links
Back