What are you having for lunch?

Sponsored Links
Scone with clotted cream, raspberry conserve, and a fresh coffee.

Sponsored Links
I skipped lunch today. Instead I finished off a piece of salmon quiche left over from last nights dinner at 11.00 and a fried egg in a toasted bagel at 2.30.

Bunged washed, chopped & lightly peppered carrots & new potatoes into a roasting bag with a big knob of butter. Popped roasting bag in Ninja 15 in 1 to bake @190c for 20mins. Wrapped each of 3x individual wild caught cod fillets in tinfoil with a slice of lemon, placed tinfoil pouches alongside the roasting bag in Ninja 15 in 1 for a further 20mins @190c.

With 10mins to go, melted 40g of butter in a pan over medium heat & then added 40g of plain flour, mixed gently to ensure no lumps. Then gradually added 500ml of milk, mixing at all times until all the mix is on the verge of rising. Reduced the heat, chucked in the handfull of fresh chopped parsley leaves we'd just harvested from the garden & let it thicken while gently stirring as it slowly bubbled away . . . .

Served & stood back to watch the most important things in my life at this time scoff the bloomin' lot.

No preservatives, no E numbers, none of the very many words they use to hide "sugar or salt", very little packaging to dispose of, nobody got fat & nobody ingested a carcinogen that will kill them in 40yrs time.

Late lunch/ early dinner - the weather was good enough for a BBQ. I put on a couple of the massive, thick, Chinese marinated pork chops we bought, at 5 for £10, a few weeks ago. They were so big, we decided to share one between us, and save the second one for reheating tomorrow. That with a salad, and baked potatoes. There were still enough trimmings left over from that first chop, to give to the dog.

The BBQ, is a massive one, we bought second hand, built like a battleship and weighs almost as much. It cost close to £1000 new, we paid £50. It just needed some tidying up and refurbishment.

There were still enough trimmings left over from that first chop, to give to the dog.
There are precious few things in this world that amuse me more than watching house dog totally, absolutely & thoroughly ignoring any & all activity that might be happening on that charcoal grill.

An Aldi Spanish omelette tortilla sort of thing. Really enjoyed it, but a bit pricey at £2 for a single portion. Then again, eggs have gone up a lot. I've heard they're even harder to get hold of than tomatoes.

Just come out of gym...off to work..having protein shake, cheese n onion sandwich, 1 banana, 1 protein yogurt...cup of tea..

Today, Avril took her first ride on the bike beyond the garden, at 6am, to do her morning shift at work. Just a few minutes away walking, but quicker on the bike. Her only complaint, on her return was that the saddle pointed too much down at the front - now adjusted. She hasn't decided whether to use it for her afternoon shift yet, when the road is slightly busier - we'll see.

Back here, she was musing about whether, not to have some lunch. We had a part eaten large French stick in the freezer, cheese, sweet pickle, cucumber, tomato and lettuce, so I suggested something I've not had since the 80's, a ploughman's lunch.

30 second in the microwave, then a couple of minutes in the oven for the French stick, and it was good as new. Tonight, we've settled on having omelette and chips, a massive single, ham and tomato omelette, cooked in the big pan, and shared. I've never tried omelette making in the big pan, wish me luck..

Sponsored Links
Back