What was the goal of Brexit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stopping immigration from the EU was the number one issue for quitters...

But blow job has just confirmed that he won't have a target number, and immigration won't fall but it will just be from different places - which might not exactly please certain people who voted leave!

He's also confirmed a plan for an amnesty for half a million 'illegals'...

So could any quitter tell us of any practical benefit of leaving the EU?

Because nothing has been forthcoming so far!

Sponsored Links
What was the purpose of brexit?

Well it gives some people (esp Ellal) a purpose in life.
Well as one of the original confused quitters I didn't exactly expect a coherent answer from you :rolleyes:

But putting that aside, I'm still wondering what quitters expect to change?
(apart from losing their rights in 27 other countries, and as they admit financial hardship)

The point of Brexit was

Well Er hmmm

Well I never saw the point but that's not the point

:sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Ok let's get one thing straight if you ever believed for one minute Brexit would solve our immigrant issues
..wrong.

I and I'm sure millions realised way before Brexit the likes of Birmingham Bradford etc are significantly changing let alone London. We are already in for a significant change come back to me in thirty years time the demographics will be significantly different already. Even if we stopped all immigration tomorrow that horse has bolted. Mark my words Labour are dead in the water soon a new party will rise not dependant on them.

‘My predecessor’s withdrawal agreement is unacceptable’ says man who voted for it.

Yeah yeah I bet you've fwapped a few over him and a teabag :LOL:

To answer the thread title, for me it was to stop the uk from blindly following the French/ German long term agenda any longer. If you look at what slowly developed over the years then it is easy to predict what the future held.

Ok let's get one thing straight if you ever believed for one minute Brexit would solve our immigrant issues
..wrong.

I and I'm sure millions realised way before Brexit the likes of Birmingham Bradford etc are significantly changing let alone London. We are already in for a significant change come back to me in thirty years time the demographics will be significantly different already. Even if we stopped all immigration tomorrow that horse has bolted. Mark my words Labour are dead in the water soon a new party will rise not dependant on them.

So why did you vote Brexit then, immigration is your raison d'être. :mrgreen:

Every Brexiter I have spoken to has mentioned Immigration, it may not have been their only reason but it was up there.

You might as well have the 14 words as your signature. :sneaky:

I jest but people do have legitimate issues with immigration but its more a non sequitur.

Last edited:
To answer the thread title, for me it was to stop the uk from blindly following the French/ German long term agenda any longer. If you look at what slowly developed over the years then it is easy to predict what the future held.

Any examples. The UK was in fact a key driver of so much of the EU.

The narrative that we were just bystanders is incorrect and bonkers.

..wrong.
I never believed that 'immigration issues' are a 'problem', let alone 'solving' the 'problem'...

But how about you humour us and answer the following...

1. what are these 'immigrant issues'?

2. why would brexit not solve the 'immigrant issues' that I assume you can tell us about in Q1?

3. why was immigration the number one quitter issue, despite according to you being 'unsolvable'?

Any examples. The UK was in fact a key driver of so much of the EU.

The narrative that we were just bystanders is incorrect and bonkers.
Sorry but I have to ask for examples of the first part in the later years and for me the "club" grew to the point where the deals being done to allow countries in that otherwise failed to make the grade was laughable plus towards the end I do believe the uk was taken to be little more than a small country within that club.

Sponsored Links
Back