What was the goal of Brexit?

Yeah immigration is way too high. I blame it on British insularity- the inability to really see things in an international way. Island mentality. Most countries in the world have stricter rules on who comes in and don't go round accusing people of being racist for wantong a reduction in immigrants in their country.

I lived in Japan and can tell you despite having a strong economy they don't let anyone in like in the UK. They also don't go round blaming people who want to control it either. I believe it's a similar story in most other countries around the world as well.

So why has Britain allowed so many into the country?

Brexit wont stop non-EU migrants either. Better to stay in the EU with regards to this issue I think, could be wrong

Sponsored Links
India and China are the two countries sending the largest number of migrants to the UK. Neither are EU members so Brexit is irrelevant.

EU citizens who have moved to other EU countries seeking work can be sent home if, after 3 months, they have not found it, so Brexit has little effect.

I don't know Japan, but I understand they have a large aged population and keep some of them occupied in "make-work" schemes. I don't know how many foreign care workers they bring in. Many care workers in the UK are foreign.

UK does not
let anyone in
so you are misinformed.

India and China are the two countries sending the largest number of migrants to the UK. Neither are EU members so Brexit is irrelevant.

EU citizens who have moved to other EU countries seeking work can be sent home if, after 3 months, they have not found it, so Brexit has little effect.

I voted leave to make a protest against immigration levels. Mostly non-EU numbers coming in. I never thought leave would win. I regretted it straight away. I want another referendum. I'll vote remain.

I don't know Japan, but I understand they have a large aged population and keep some of them occupied in "make-work" schemes. I don't know how many foreign care workers they bring in. Many care workers in

Britain may not let 'anyone' in but it has let too many in. You don't see as many foreigners in other countries. The indigenous arent outnumbered to such an extent. Look at pictures of people in Tokyo, Seoul, Moscow in fact 90% of cities around the world and it's mostly indigenous people. Then look at London. This is British insularity and lack of international insight . Too worried about not being racist rather than seeing what they're doing to the long term situation in the UK. Obviously racism is wrong but controlling numbers should be common sense.

So why isn't the government doing so?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As you say, parts of London have been the centres for arriving foreigners to find their feet for hundreds of years. You will be surprised to hear that white people still live there.

I hear that the most anti-foreigner towns are the ones with the fewest foreigners. Cosmopolitan cities are more accepting and less insular.

You may be aware that London is pro-EU.

I don't know Japan, but I understand they have a large aged population and keep some of them occupied in "make-work" schemes. I don't know how many foreign care workers they bring in. Many care workers in the UK are foreign.

UK does not so you are misinformed.

I think the retired men continue work to escape their wives and keep busy. Don't know about foreign care workers really. Many old people do live with their children though.

As you say, parts of London have been the centres for arriving foreigners to find their feet for hundreds of years. You will be surprised to hear that white people still live there.

I hear that the most anti-foreigner towns are the ones with the fewest foreigners. Cosmopolitan cities are more accepting and less insular.

You may be aware that London is pro-EU.

How many working class ones though? It has been an arrival place for centuries but not with the numbers coming in over the last few decades. And there was never a situation in the past where working class cockneys fled London so much.

I taught English to foreign speakers for a bit (foreign students coming to the UK Arabs, Africans etc)and some commented on why so many immigrants not students were allowed to come and settle. They thought it strange. The Japanese thought it strange too. They wondered why. I wonder why too. It inevitably will cause tensions.

Yes, the good thing is London with its international mix is less insular and broad minded. Refreshing compared to people in more rural areas.

Screenshot_20190728-222600_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190728-222824_Chrome.jpg

The top photo is central Tokyo. A place where 'lots' of foreigners hang out. The bottom one Moscow.

I voted leave to make a protest against immigration levels. Mostly non-EU numbers coming in. I never thought leave would win. I regretted it straight away. I want another referendum. I'll vote remain.
And then you would want another if that one didn’t turn out to your satisfaction.

And your point is what exactly?

Most other countries haven't allowed so many in so Britain is strange and misguided to do so and this will bring tensions both now and in the future. Thought it pretty obvious.

And then you would want another if that one didn’t turn out to your satisfaction.
Poor argument that. Most people didn't know what they were voting for on the first vote. Whatever they say. I don't buy this British rigid obsession with democracy and rules. Most other countries under a similar situation would just ignore the result or have another referendum. This is common sense. Insular Brits however lol 'We must follow the rules'.

In the first world war people left the trenches to certain death because it was the rules so they did the right thing. We all look back and know that now. Haha

Most other countries haven't allowed so many in so Britain is strange and misguided to do so and this will bring tensions both now and in the future. Thought it pretty obvious.
Err no, not from two pictures it's not.

Sponsored Links
Back