What was the most dramatic thing that happened at your school?

What is it with PE teachers? All seem to be psychos. Our own psycho PE teacher was Mr Lewis who used to watch us in the showers. On a school skiing trip to Italy he got rat arsed in the bar and ended up fighting an Italian policeman.

Other incident was when the school's ancient Bedford coach's brakes failed going down a steep hill and smashed into the back of a car waiting at the lights at the bottom. Car came off much worse.

Another was in chemistry when the teacher threw some chemical that ignites when it hits water (phosphorous???) into a bowl of water. It instantly ignited, flew upwards and set fire to the polystyrene ceiling tiles. He grabbed a fire extinguisher and aimed it at the burning ceiling that was by now dripping molten polystyrene. As he pulled the trigger, the conical shaped nozzle on the extinguisher must have been loose. It flew off and smashed a florescent light that fell on the benches. Was like something out of a comedy sketch - but being the early 80s, there was no panic and we just carried on. Now there would be an enquiry, authorities involved and no doubt the teacher sacked.

Talking of chemistry lessons, they were an excuse to do experiments that created as much smoke as possible so we could have a crafty fag under the benches.

Our maths teacher had a 3 wheel Reliant. One day a group of us managed to drag it from it's position in the car park and wedge it between two huge stone pillars that supported the front of the school. Then went home as it was 3.30pm. Think he had to get the bus.

my PE teachers were strange too, they watched us getting changed and staring at us. They had a bad attitude too

Sponsored Links
I can remember a few situations, a science teacher managed to set a table on fire, people thought there was a gas leak, but it was somebody bringing in farting powder. Then I remember somebody ****ing themselves on the chair

my PE teachers were strange too, they watched us getting changed and staring at us. They had a bad attitude too

From my limited experience, many PE teachers don't appear to be the brightest and more than average seemed to have psychotic tendencies. That was in the old days though, before PC was invented. Maybe they have had to clean up their act in these litigious times. Also, the teachers were definitely in charge in those days (circa pre 90s), these days the roles often seem to have reversed.

Also, the teachers were definitely in charge in those days (circa pre 90s), these days the roles often seem to have reversed.
They definitely aren't reversed in my training centre! The 'mentor's' that accompany the students tiptoe around them. Last week, one kid dropped a tool on the floor and said to me "Pick that up". I told him that he doesn't tell me what to do. He swore at me and tried it again, I told him to watch his mouth, he threatened to "Knock me out". I told him "Get your overalls and boots off and get the **** out". He did as he was told but the mentor was crapping himself in case he kicked off. I would honestly rather not work if I had to put up with what those mentors have to deal with. They get spat at and bitten and they just have to take it. They probably need the job so they have to put up with it. I don't.

Sponsored Links
They definitely aren't reversed in my training centre! The 'mentor's' that accompany the students tiptoe around them. Last week, one kid dropped a tool on the floor and said to me "Pick that up". I told him that he doesn't tell me what to do. He swore at me and tried it again, I told him to watch his mouth, he threatened to "Knock me out". I told him "Get your overalls and boots off and get the **** out". He did as he was told but the mentor was crapping himself in case he kicked off. I would honestly rather not work if I had to put up with what those mentors have to deal with. They get spat at and bitten and they just have to take it. They probably need the job so they have to put up with it. I don't.

Probably the first time he's ever been disciplined or had to do as he's told. Would have thought they would be more respectful as I'm guessing they're doing training in something they have an interest. But by the time you get them, poss too late to change. I pity teachers, etc on the front line in many schools. No win situation.

Probably the first time he's ever been disciplined or had to do as he's told. Would have thought they would be more respectful as I'm guessing they're doing training in something they have an interest. But by the time you get them, poss too late to change. I pity teachers, etc on the front line in many schools. No win situation.
Some are sent to me to get them out of their hair. I send 'em back if they shown no interest - I'm not a babysitter for badly behaved kids.

Back