Which Car?

I hope its an AUDI R8!

Its a beast of a vehicle, but Im still unconvinced its better than the S4 family motor.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Just love Audi's, and are always drawn to them. I have an old 2.2 coupe on a 'G' plate and a 2.6 convertible on and 'M' plate. German engineering lasts forever and with a galvanised motor, you know its never gonna rot as long as you look after the mechanics of it.

Personally, Id have an S4 (Avant), as nothing comes close to it IMHO. The family like it, and it was the power when chavs think its a lumbering beast.

Paul.

Wan't talking to you lol, it was aimed at the skoda guy!

Although my username related to my Dagenham Dustbin Drag car, i'm a big VW/Audi fan myself.

18k for a new Skoda just doesnt compute to me, you could have a very nice couple of year old A4 Avant/Saloon, A6, Passat for the money. Guess it depends if it needs to be new for warrenty reasons.

Sponsored Links
A bit more to go on...OK. Like what?

The colour is black, to please your wife!!

OK, OK!

It's the wild card.

A Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi ES in crystal black pearl. Not our choice, but like I say, we only had one to choose from.

There were 6 unregistered examples left in the UK, of which ours is one, built in September, so one of the very last ones shipped to the UK.

It was Mrs Secure's choice more than mine, but having said that, I find much about the motor to admire.

OK, OK!

It's the wild card.

A Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi ES in crystal black pearl. Not our choice, but like I say, we only had one to choose from.

There were 6 unregistered examples left in the UK, of which ours is one, built in September, so one of the very last ones shipped to the UK.

It was Mrs Secure's choice more than mine, but having said that, I find much about the motor to admire.

Now, what kind of idiot would have a name like Simon, AND buy a black Honda? Oh.... ;) :LOL:

Seriously though, I don't think you'll regret buying Honda. They just don't go wrong, full stop! This is the longest I've ever kept a car, and I've no intention of changing it any time soon. Two MOTs straight through and no faults or issues. Nothing at all.

And, last service (local independant) £118 including plugs and all filters. Of course, buying new is a little different as you'll be tied to dealer servicing for at least the warranty period, but I understand they do a good fixed-price scheme.

How I didn't get it I'll never know. I mean the clues were such a give away!

yeah i agree next time you choose to play guess the item. then plz make it a lot harder,many thanx :eek:

Now, what kind of idiot would have a name like Simon, AND buy a black Honda? Oh.... ;) :LOL:

Seriously though, I don't think you'll regret buying Honda. They just don't go wrong, full stop!

Nine! Good to "hear" from you again!! Hope you're doing good, matey...

Yeah, I remember your motor. Registered in Manchester somewhere. We've got ours from Mansfield. Well, we went to the Skoda dealer there & then to the Honda dealer on the way home....

I am a little apprehensive because although I admire Japanese reliability, I've never plucked up courage to buy one, considering them a little plasticky inside. But, as I say, this is Mrs Secure's choice of car and I stand by it.

The main reason for the new car purchase was a lack of space in the Skoda. The attraction of the FR-V is that it's a six seater. We can put one brat, I mean lovely little pettikins, in the front, then two in the two outer rear seats, then they are all segregated and far less likely to attempt fratricide at 70 mph....

I do think the FR-V is a good looking motor externally and have high hopes for it. I've only ever bought two new cars in my life, the Skoda being the first in 2002. That was just under £15K then, the Honda was £18.5K including pearl paint, diamondbrite treatment inside & out, full tank of go-juice and a five year service plan included.

We are scrapping Mrs S's old car, a 99T Xantia hatch. I'm sorry to see it go that way. Not because I'm sentimental, but because I consider it a waste for the vehicle to be crushed.

I think that the Govt. got it a bit wrong. Scrappage should mean being able to "break" a motor and use the spares profitably to repair other cars, not make a giant die out of it.

Still, that topic's the making of a new thread.... ;)

The countdown begins....

In a little over 24 hours, we'll have scrapped the Xantia & bought a 59 plate Honda FR-V.

I feel a bit mean scrapping this car. It's been reliable and it seems a terrible shame...it may be 10 years old, but it's only done 45K.

Anyone else felt a twinge sending their old wheels to the scrap merchant in the sky?

Never scrapped a car, but does seem a waste tbh.

If the FRV gear box and clutch are anything like in the Civic, then you'll be pleased with such a good combination. I have a 2.2 EX Civic, and can't really complain at all. Only thing I don't really like is I find the ride a little bit sloppy. I did have a Type R in 05 and that was a fantastic car (wish I'd kept it now).

Be careful washing your Honda, the paint is pretty soft and you'll soon see swirl marks. PLEASE don't use a sponge and get a mitt either microfibre or lambs wool. Use 2 buckets too, one with the wash solution and one with plain water to rinse your mitt in.

I have to agree, Hondas are a bit plastic inside, and you may find the sound system not so good sounding as the Skoda.

Well, we have managed a bit of alchemy. Upon offering the dealer a few pounds we have magicked this:

Xantia.jpg

into this!

FR-V.jpg

Smart car, very impressed.

There's just one thing that's annoying me and we both noticed it on the test drive before we bought: the electric windows either all work together or not at all.

The Skoda has a kiddie button that isolates the rear windows only. The Honda has an isolation switch, but it kills all the windows! :rolleyes:

The only bit of the car that has not been well-thought-out.

I'm going to look into whether this can be altered....

Sponsored Links
Back