who is good for business banking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as title, im opening a business bank account, any recommendations or scare stories, but NOT LLOYDS TSB,

i opened an account with them on 01-11-11, paid a £60k investment in on the 4th, then another £12k in on the 29th, went to transfer £32 out to part purchase a flat as im investing in that sort of thing now, only to be told i cant get it out as my son who is a minor shareholder hasnt signed a form,

he lives in prague and has just started a 3 month holiday in the algarve so he cant get his passport as it is in prague, to his local bank to have it verified, so i have had to pull out of the deal, and have lost about £10k profit :cry: they are simply not interested and have said as he hasnt signed the form we cant get the cash out, but nobody told us he needed to sign, in fact i specifically asked as we knew it would be a prob and was told no, only the major shareholder, me, needs to sign, so i need another bank as im shutting the TSB account

( i was well impressed to be told by them that it can take 3 weeks to get the £72k back, you can imagine how that conversation went this morning)
cheers for any advice, or are they all as bad as each other,

will post this on other forums as well so you might see it somewhere else

Sponsored Links
RBS. Reasonable transaction charges and really quite good if you want provision of merchant services.

Dunno about business banking, but I wouldn't try the Natwest or RBS either. The Natwest have just changed my partners bank account for one of these basic bank accounts. Now she can only draw money out of a hole in the wall machine which belongs to Natwest or RBS. She can't now use any cash machine. The nearest one for her is about 3 miles away now, so she's seriously considering her banking needs, Certainly doesn't need one where you can't draw cash out at the Post Office cash machines or the ones at Superstores.
I did see an item on the BBC news this morning about the RBS groups decision to only allow cash withdrawals at their machines and nowhere else. Apparently it will affect thousands of people up and down the country.

Sponsored Links
According to Mervyn King they are all about to go titts up. They won't get a bail out this time.

According to Mervyn King they are all about to go titts up. They won't get a bail out this time.

Ahh well were all f**ed then, It doesn't matter who your with. Time to put your money in a biscuit tin under the bed. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ahh well were all f**ed then, It doesn't matter who your with. Time to put your money in a biscuit tin under the bed. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Make you right f***ed both my santander accounts off after claiming my bank charges back few yr ago now it's where i can see it.

I have used santander business banking for 10 years (formerly Abbey), no charges whatsoever, no problems with them apart from when i closed an account, it took ages

Guy we just did a job for has just spent £500k on 32 acres of farmland.
He said if had died the government would have taken 40% even though he had paid income tax on it all his life.
Guess they will still get a slice now from the seller.

He has another £200k in a different investment and is doubtful if he will ever see it all again.

Hsbc seem alright. Only been with them 1 year. changed from tsb. Thieving b@rstads. 18 month free banking .

Sponsored Links
Back