Why.......

Sponsored Links
Who cares?Once a week you must treat yourself.
Dear oh Dear oh Dear Johnny!!! Have you forgotten what your Grandmother taught you??? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Don’t care didn’t care,
Don’t care was wild:
Don’t care stole plum and pear
Like any beggar’s child.

Don’t care was made to care,
Don’t care was hung:
Don’t care was put in a pot
And boiled till he was done.

The tale does have a rather grim ending!!!

Dear oh Dear oh Dear Johnny!!! Have you forgotten what your Grandmother taught you??? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Don’t care didn’t care,
Don’t care was wild:
Don’t care stole plum and pear
Like any beggar’s child.

Don’t care was made to care,
Don’t care was hung:
Don’t care was put in a pot
And boiled till he was done.

The tale does have a rather grim ending!!!
I grew up in spaghettiland, so my grandmother never said anything in English.

Sponsored Links
I grew up in spaghettiland, so my grandmother never said anything in English.
It's possibly famous world wide - some of those old nursery rhymes and fairy tales are quite grim and brutal if you actually understand what they mean - I suppose kids don't realize

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing a little bit about the economics of farming, lamb should not cost more than beef, if anything it should be slightly cheaper.

Without going into a very lengthy explanation of how the meat market works, just take my word for it that there is a LOT of funny business going on.

One of my bestest mates in my 20's flogged his ****** off as a farm contractor, sometimes working genuine 18hr days for weeks on end in the various 'seasons' they have. Bit by bit, £ by £ & acre here, acre there, he managed to end up as a tenant farmer with 80 acres rented & 20ish of his own. I'll never forget the day his missus phoned me up & begged me to use any excuse to get the gun out of the house, but he shot himself before we could get there.

Suicide amongst farmers has become an issue and I think the isolation that often goes with being a farmer doesn't help either

We found butchers meat largely ridiculously expensive and lower quality than supermarkets, except for sausages, butchers sausages rock! As does their bacon but that is also not cheap. Everything else can do one though!

We found butchers meat largely ridiculously expensive and lower quality than supermarkets, except for sausages, butchers sausages rock! As does their bacon but that is also not cheap. Everything else can do one though!
Oh don't you agree freddie that probably the butchers sausages have a higher percentage of lean meat and less fat. The difference between good sausages and average is vast! I agree with you - I love a good quality sausage

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes seemingly less fatty and probably more importantly less crap filller compared to supermarkets but seeing as butchers aren't obliged to state content it's not for certain. Anyway no one eats a sausage if they're watching their waistline.

Well I'm not certain but I would guess that old folktale come nursery rhyme is possibly famous world wide but I don't know - some of those old nursery rhymes and fairy tales are quite grim and brutal if you actually understand what they mean - I suppose kids don't realize

Especially so the German ones.

16174789796326789564068921460561.jpg

Our lunch tomorrow. Would have gone to the restaurant turned butcher/grocery store but thought grab this before they all sell out...

Sponsored Links
Back