Why.......

Our local butchers is a 3 generation, family run slaughtering butchers & they takes great interest in how their meat is fed & raised. Regardless of all this current nonsense, they have always had a queue at the door. My butcher of choice is a long time mate who works out of a steel shipping container on one of the farms here-a-bouts . . . . You can "tut tut" all you like, but he's cheap, he's good & his savoury duck is to die for.

The supermarkets killed food. They have skullfkd the great unwashed into thinking their shoite tastes good.

Sponsored Links
We found butchers meat largely ridiculously expensive and lower quality than supermarkets
Yes and no for us.

We always buy our chicken from Aldi - superb.

Lamb from Tesco.

Beef roast joint is the biggest culprit as are sausages. We have had far too many tough or scraggy joints from the supermarkets, so we decided (in the first lock-down) to use a butcher who lives on the same street as us. We get beef joint, sausage, sausage rolls, pork belly, huge scotch eggs, meat pies and fillet steak from the butcher. We love it when that big box arrives.:)

I notice in the area I now live, the supermarkets often sell "beef roasting joint" without saying what it is. A clue that it is a cheaper cut and will benefit from slow roasting, and is not suitable to be served pink or carved thick.

Sponsored Links
Back