Will You Be Having The Jab?

Will you be having the jab?

• Yes, as soon as it's offered. Not worried by potential risks of an unknown vaccine. Bring it on!

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Maybe. It's not only a new jab, but completely new science. Give it time to see if safe & effective.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No. Not even at gunpoint. Potential risks of new vaccine outweigh Corona risks for me.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
I was shocked when I read that as much as 40% of people in this country might turn it down. Then I read the figure in a French survey was 60%, they did sort of quantify that by saying the French can be quite vocal about such things but accept it on the day suggesting the genuine figure could be lower.

The number of antivaxxers is way more than you can imagine. The return of measles ffs.

Sponsored Links
Under pressure workwise at the moment. Overwhelmed with it! I'm in bed by 10.30 (ish) but wide awake by 3am running through jobs.

Well I suppose that's a good place to be.

Isn't this the busy time for plumbers and engineers.

It is but I'm never quiet. The only difference is the weather. When an elderly customer has heating problems they jump to the top of the queue but it completely messes up the diary. When it gets really really bad I just go AWOL. (Turn off my phone for days on end.)

When it gets really really bad I just go AWOL. (Turn off my phone for days on end.

It's known in the trade as 'going dark', I do it sometimes.

Going dark is military lingo for the sudden termination of communication. The term used to describe a scenario in which communication appears to have ceased, but in reality has just moved from a public communication channel, where it could be monitored, to a private communication channel that prevents eavesdropping.

A bit like The Donald I suppose.

Sponsored Links
I had the flu vaccine only a few weeks before xmas and spent all xmas with the flu.
Is this one going to be any better? :)

I had the flu vaccine only a few weeks before xmas and spent all xmas with the flu.
Is this one going to be any better? :)

I spent years avoiding it because I'd heard the same, eventually I chanced it and like you, I was dog rough for a week, that was 5 years ago. This winter, because of covid I had it for the first time since then and there were no symptoms at all, nothing.

Don’t you mean the cowards who would rather wait to see how a 90 year old handles it?

No one should feel pressured into taking something like a vaccine, especially when the long term risks are unknown. The risk/benefit ratio may be significantly different for a 90 year old compared to someone under 50. Why would the under 50 risk potential complications from a vaccine when they are low risk when it comes to Corona - especially if they are otherwise healthy? At the end of the day it's down to personal choice and the 90 year old was just as entitled to refuse it as anyone else. No one is forcing OAPs to take it.

Also remember that the vaccine isn't supposed to stop anyone catching it or passing it on. Just reduces symptoms if you do catch it. So those not having the jab harm no one but themselves if what we're told is correct.

Last edited:
I spent years avoiding it because I'd heard the same, eventually I chanced it and like you, I was dog rough for a week, that was 5 years ago. This winter, because of covid I had it for the first time since then and there were no symptoms at all, nothing.
Exactly the same here. Never had it but about 6 years ago, 12 of us were away for a week over the new year in one house sharing the same kitchen, dining room, lounge and a couple of shared bathrooms. One of us and his wife came over rough on the last day and just about made it home. They had flu and were both off work for three weeks. How nobody else caught it we'll never know. I’d been having the flu jab every year since then. Oddly enough, one of those that had the flu had the vaccination the following year and caught a cold soon after. He hasn’t had the vaccine since. Big wuss!

Heard a funny tale today, one of my customers lives in that London but spends most of her time in a second home in the Lake District, she had a text from her GP to say there was a covid jab with her name on it at the practice (she is not over 80 or vulnerable) so she travelled to London and back to have the jab

Exactly the same here. Never had it but about 6 years ago, 12 of us were away for a week over the new year in one house sharing the same kitchen, dining room, lounge and a couple of shared bathrooms. One of us and his wife came over rough on the last day and just about made it home. They had flu and were both off work for three weeks. How nobody else caught it we'll never know. I’d been having the flu jab every year since then. Oddly enough, one of those that had the flu had the vaccination the following year and caught a cold soon after. He hasn’t had the vaccine since. Big wuss!
I used to work with a guy who believed Lemsip kept flu at bay

Sponsored Links
Back