Will You Be Having The Jab?

Will you be having the jab?

• Yes, as soon as it's offered. Not worried by potential risks of an unknown vaccine. Bring it on!

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Maybe. It's not only a new jab, but completely new science. Give it time to see if safe & effective.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No. Not even at gunpoint. Potential risks of new vaccine outweigh Corona risks for me.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
I really don't get the anti-vax -ers at all. Yes there are risks. A big risk and a little risk, but they seem to be choosing the big risk! absolutely barking mad.

I Do!

Dyson's are much better vacuum cleaners...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If it's a rational question, you would compare the number of seriously ill and dead people with covid, and those with vaccination

Sponsored Links
I'm not saying you mean it this way in your post, however I think it's unreasonable to lump everyone together that doesn't want the vaccine. Taking extremes, one person might have concerns based on the relatively short timescales vaccines became publicly available and, like me, would rather wait a year or two before starting to receive the vaccine. Another person might have concerns because they think they'll be 'microchipped' and monitored by Bill Gates. I wouldn't consider both of these people to be anti-vaxxers as far as the commonly accepted definition goes.

It's surely reasonable to question things if one so wishes without being considered a nutter? If we question nothing we become sheep, of course this is a government's dream.
I did address differing concerns by saying I am more suspicious of the Pfizer vaccine as it is such a new concept, and that I would rather have the Oxford as it is from a known development concept.

However considering the considerable risks imposed by Covid, (there is a tangible possibility any of us could be dead or seriously ill with Covid this year), as opposed to a theoretical possibility that a vaccine may cause a side effect in the distant future. Then Yes I do think it is maddness not to take the vaccine, even the Pfizer variant.

Even for young people (under 30) whose lokelyhood of serious health problems through Covid are very small. There entire future is being put at risk with the economy in lockdown, they desperately need society to get back to normal. Society won't get back to normal until the virus is under control, so it is even madness for them not to take the vaccine.

I did address differing concerns by saying I am more suspicious of the Pfizer vaccine as it is such a new concept, and that I would rather have the Oxford as it is from a known development concept.

However considering the considerable risks imposed by Covid, (there is a tangible possibility any of us could be dead or seriously ill with Covid this year), as opposed to a theoretical possibility that a vaccine may cause a side effect in the distant future. Then Yes I do think it is maddness not to take the vaccine, even the Pfizer variant.

Even for young people (under 30) whose lokelyhood of serious health problems through Covid are very small. There entire future is being put at risk with the economy in lockdown, they desperately need society to get back to normal. Society won't get back to normal until the virus is under control, so it is even madness for them not to take the vaccine.
Which is why (and I admit no, I don't have the answers/alternatives) we need to move away from the current capitalist/consumerist model. Currently, if countries don't grow grow grow economically and if citizens don't buy buy buy, then we're very quickly fu*ked when something like this happens.

In unprecedented scenarios such as this, the value of our lives shouldn't be balanced against the need to keep our economy moving. Yes I know, I'm off on a rose-tinted glasses tangent again, however I do get fed up with the grow grow grow buy buy buy strategy.

Which is why (and I admit no, I don't have the answers/alternatives) we need to move away from the current capitalist/consumerist model. Currently, if countries don't grow grow grow economically and if citizens don't buy buy buy, then we're very quickly fu*ked when something like this happens.

In unprecedented scenarios such as this, the value of our lives shouldn't be balanced against the need to keep our economy moving. Yes I know, I'm off on a rose-tinted glasses tangent again, however I do get fed up with the grow grow grow buy buy buy strategy.
It is the same mad strategy that is destroying our environment, we know fine well that our capitalist/consumerist economies is destroying our environment, but we just can't seem to help ourselves.

There could be a situation where they might introduce a law that states everyone will be vaccinated against covid or something or the other, maybe a fine. It depends on how effective it is in terms of removing the problems it causes. Lets say it made covid die out in 3 months if all had it. Doubt if it will but who knows. They are thinking about next winter now so they seem to have some doubt as well. They do think it will reduce infection rates as vaccines usually do - even if it just reduces the time period when people can infect others.

Other countries might make it a requirement to go there. Much easier to do but say they only roll it out to the over 50's or some other age range. That leaves the group that haven't had it.

Currently when some one is visiting another country it can be advisable to get vaccinated against something or the other. Different countries attitude to that varies,

The the time taken to develop vaccines. Look into that an I think you will find a major problem is what to inject. Flu for instance is a weakened flu virus of what ever species they expect arrive here. Seems they always stock some for a particularly nasty one. Smallpox, not sure but wasn't it cow pox. How long did it take to find one for TB and others. Other than an urgent need I doubt if safety testing periods and methods used are any different to what covid vaccines are receiving. Drugs are always being trialled but more need to worry about long term effects and sometimes that goes wrong. Most have some sort of side effect so that has to be balanced against what it relieves or cures. The effects may be more severe for some so use depends on numbers etc and what it's intended to cure.

Covid vaccines are genetically engineered. This is why the virus was sequenced early on. The engineering takes weeks not months and it results in a virus of sorts or a virus that doesn't cause us problems but causes the immune system to react in the right way to handle covid. The fact that it does that means what was injected gets wiped out otherwise it would generate a persistent disease. The body is just doing what it normally does faced with this type of infection and people don't get covid when they are injected,

Side effects. The most complete info on them is the Oxford one. Numbers in the control and actually had it groups were very similar. This is the Pfizer one
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32661-1/fulltext

The Oxford trial was stopped for 2 weeks in the USA due to side effects - over reacting immune system in 2 people. Treated and recovered or maybe the wet squad was sent out to get rid of them. Some people might think that due to watching certain movies. The reaction is known to happen at times following vaccinations.

Deaths following vaccination. Tricky one as people do die all of the time for all sorts of reasons but at least read a full account
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149
The fact that people do die means that in some respects they can only compare rates with what usually happens.

2 numbers get mentioned for phase 1, Either 13 or 15 million people. Some will die irrespective of being vaccinated. Maybe as they get it or any time afterwards. They will be watching that carefully. They usually ask people if their flu jab is their first one. There is always some risk for a few.

Israel is being used as a test bed - crafty leader
https://apnews.com/article/internat...in-netanyahu-b30f9af2139e64794ce66c6c9b367b7b
Results
https://www.timesofisrael.com/1-in-1000-israelis-report-mild-side-effects-from-vaccine/
https://www.timesofisrael.com/after...covid-shot-study-shows-no-major-side-effects/

They will also be using the 2 others that we will be using.

May as well add - wait and see people really are just delaying the risks. While they delay there is more chance of catching it helped though by lockdowns reducing infection levels but .............. it comes back again the only question is when.

I will have the jab when it's offered
O
Key worker :cool::cool:

Eventually there will. Be a reckoning on this Caper

Chinese have been reluctant to let the W h o

Investigators into the country

Stalling
Imiting there access

They have plenty to. Hide ;)

Not nearly as noble. It's as if they (conspiracy theory nutters) have a void or vacuum in their lives that is incredibly well suited to being filled by the material put out by the crackpot sites. They feed on them then can't get enough of them.

You can't speak about Sooey like that, oh hang on a minute............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, 82.5% want the vaccine on here. That's better than some other surveys I've read about. 60% uptake in UK, much lower again in France.(y)

Sponsored Links
Back