Will You Be Having The Jab?

Will you be having the jab?

• Yes, as soon as it's offered. Not worried by potential risks of an unknown vaccine. Bring it on!

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Maybe. It's not only a new jab, but completely new science. Give it time to see if safe & effective.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No. Not even at gunpoint. Potential risks of new vaccine outweigh Corona risks for me.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
And this country is 4th in the world for vaccination numbers

Blimey if we had still been in the EU it would have cost thousands of more lives

As they prat about arguing amongst them selves

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
May as well add - wait and see people really are just delaying the risks. While they delay there is more chance of catching it helped though by lockdowns reducing infection levels but .............. it comes back again the only question is when.

On the bright side, there will be more vaccination slots available for the people who are happy to have the jab.

Here in 'God's own county' - They have just opened up a mass vaccination centre in a Park and Ride at York, its catchment area seems to be a 40 mile circle, which includes me. A local 80+ year old couple/friend got there letter to make an appointment to attend on Saturday. Arrangements have to be made online and a car is needed to get there - not everyone has online access and a car. I wonder what arrangements they will make for those people?

My own local surgery was very busy with injections last Friday, I had to go there yesterday and there seemed to be zero jab activity. I guess they have run out of vaccine.

Taxi? I saw something about Uber offering free rides up to £15, or a friend / neighbour could do the online stuff

Taxi? I saw something about Uber offering free rides up to £15, or a friend / neighbour could do the online stuff

A taxi will be a very expensive option for some, it is quite a rural county. I drive, bus or walk everywhere - I have only once ever been in a taxi, that when I was discharged from hospital last year, after a stay for a minor op. a stent inserted via my groin. They asked me how I was getting home, I said walking and a couple of buses. The hospital ordered and paid for a taxi to run me the 7 miles to home, I was quite happy to make my own way home, so I hadn't made any arrangements to be collected.

I’m surprised some on here haven’t suggesting herding them in like sheeple! :whistle:

Arrangements have to be made online and a car is needed to get there - not everyone has online access and a car. I wonder what arrangements they will make for those people?

They are supposed to be bringing chemists into play. Also GP's on the basis that they should be more local for people. I suspect they can only offer the Oxford vaccine so the centres may be for the others but once "defrosted" they can be sent anywhere with some limit on how long they last.

Given the numbers done I suspect some GP's and chemists are already in action. No info I have found but haven't really looked. They have mentioned problems getting vaccine more local to people in London but also that numbers done are low due to a younger population. That might not make much sense given the %'s shown on TV etc. % of what, all the age group...........

Fact though - it's on course so concerns relate to supply.

I usually get my flu jabs at a local out-of-town NHS building, set back from the road and hidden behind trees, with a surprisingly large parking area out of sight behind it and a small visitors parking area in front.

It was first activated, AFAIK, in the Pig Flu epidemic, but never had a sign outside it until then. It now has a dispensing pharmacy (not a chemists shop). The open-to-the-public area is a tiny fraction of the building, which appears to have just about no-one it (hardly any staff cars) and no windows.

I sometimes wonder if the parking area round the back was designed for refrigerated trailers.

Sponsored Links
Back