YOU are the new PM.

The higher taxes only apply to that part of your earnings over the lower thresholds.

Sponsored Links
I think that I'm either really drunk or gone brain dead, but I actually agree with Skitz :eek: :eek:

The higher taxes only apply to that part of your earnings over the lower thresholds.

ok so I don't have to pay tax on my first 6k? That would be made higher to 10k I am sure so no bugger that can only be bothered to work part time (therefore the people claiming more in benefits) don't have to pay any taxs.

Still out of my 100k i'd still be taxed 78k directly, with NI about 5k a year...so I am now down to 17k, take away my council tax (and even though there is only three people in my house, because we pay by house value instead of services used which would be fairer) I lose 3k to that...so I am on 14k, I pay VAT on pretty much all i buy so that puts me on £11,500.......If I earnt 100k I'd be better off on the social..plus I'd get free dental/medicine etc....

Just boils down to a class war.

Class vs people without any...and this country seems to be full of the latter

Basically people who are unable to earn good money have decided that people who do should pay for all gordon browns cock ups. Wonderful. as i once said before...see you in aus! :D

Sponsored Links
Basically people who are unable to earn good money have decided that people who do should pay for all gordon browns cock ups. Wonderful. as i once said before...see you in aus! :D

They have a much higher proportion of immigrants in their population. House prices are a lot higher - you'd never get a place of your own. When I lived there and earned the average wage - I paid 66% tax if I worked a Sunday. (it's lower now - but what comes down can go back up). Oh and their unemployment rate is three times ours at 8%. The grass is always greener....

In order to curb the housing shortage (and associated overpriced housing) I'd get large amounts of the unemployed into housebuilding programs, overseen by experienced trades (many of whom themselves will be unemployed) as well as any retired oldies who volunteer for the job.
The unemployed earn their benefits, trades are kept busy.

I'd also ban that advert for Webuyanycar.com :mad:

We can do this for prisons too, and get some of the persistent offenders that have nowhere to stay a hostel for a few months and the murderers and rapist etc.., longer just sentences.

Are you people honestly saying that anyone earning 100k should have 60-80% taken off them???!!!!!!!!

So if i get to cross that mark, through MY hard work, I have to give £80k out of my hundred to the government to redistribute to benefit scroungers???
Meaning, after NI, VAT, Fuel Tax, Road tax, I would be lucky to see 10k from my 100k..
...and as I don't get access to benefits etc, i'd have about the same as someone on minimum wage.
...are you fricking mental??

No wonder this country has gone to the dogs, when people want to punish anyone that has worked hard and done alright for themselves.

I'm getting worried i'm starting to agree with you again :eek:

Just boils down to a class war.

Class vs people without any...and this country seems to be full of the latter

Normal service has been resumed you twit. ;)

They have a much higher proportion of immigrants in their population. House prices are a lot higher - you'd never get a place of your own. When I lived there and earned the average wage - I paid 66% tax if I worked a Sunday. (it's lower now - but what comes down can go back up). Oh and their unemployment rate is three times ours at 8%. The grass is always greener....
My brother who has lived in Australia for 3o yrs is coming here for a visit in the summer I'll ask him if what you say is true.

Nobody has mentioned leaving the E.U., I'd start that process first thing Friday morning.

know!!, I have a great new idea... why not scrap windows... put a tax on people for every window they have !!!?
That's reinventing the square wheel.

A window tax was introduced in 1696 (it was actually a tax on glass) and abolished in 1861. That's why you see so many Victorian and older houses with blocked in windows.

No person paid out of the public purse would earn more than a cabinet minister. That would include the head of BBC, Tax office, Royal Mail, Celebs like Paxman/Dimbleby.
I thought it was paid no more than the Prime Minister. But, whoever is used as the yardstick, the question is why shouldn't they be paid more?

Or may be the question should be,why is the Prime Minister not paid more than the head of the BBC? He is, after all, Chairman and Managing Director of UK PLC. Though I doubt if any of the large UK based multinational companies will be phoning Gordon up and offering him a job when he retires. (It didn't happen to Tony when he retired from politics.)

If I was pm I'd stop all non English speaking peoples benefits, make the jobless do community work, put a stop to the islamification by no more being built and remove the right to wear burkas in public.

Saw an article in a paper yesterday saying that the next pm if not G Brown should call in the IMF to audit the books,just to clarify the extent of our finances.This is a route I would take.

A lot of what anybody wants willn't happen because some of it makes sence. Something the politicians don't seem to be able to grasp.

Wouldn't it be sensible to pull public servants salaries and pensions in line with the private sector.

But the politicians are public servants, so it ain't going to happen, is it?

Saw an article in a paper yesterday saying that the next pm if not G Brown should call in the IMF to audit the books,just to clarify the extent of our finances.This is a route I would take.

The last time we had a hung parliament, we had to call in the IMF to lend us a wodge to bail us out, and the government collapsed within 7 months anyway, and we had another election. And that was called the 'Lib-Lab pact'

I confidently predict something similar will happen this time if were hung.

Sponsored Links
Back