13 amp fuses

umm the only 20A connectors i've seen are nuterik powercons and those are pretty rare.

the next size up from a 16A ceeform is a 32A ceeform afaict.

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
umm the only 20A connectors i've seen are nuterik powercons and those are pretty rare.

the next size up from a 16A ceeform is a 32A ceeform afaict.
pedant. :LOL:

securespark wrote

Your boss should instantly dissmiss you for gross misconduct...Not to mention breach of HSW.

The boss was quite happy. He was going to stick a piece of a 6" nail into it to get it going then I spotted the copper piping.
A lot of the sites we go to only have 3 pin sockets on the wall so you have to use a standard plug any way and bridge the fuse holders with something and just hope the plug doesnt melt.
The work we do is very dangerous anyway and we dont usually pay much attention to the electric side of things. I have managed to get the tools changed over to 110V (bar the welder) after I got another pretty sharp tingle a few weeks ago using a 240 drill standing in 6" inches of water whilst it was pouring rain out of the heavens.
:D

The boss should be prosecuted too for advocating this type of behavior. Only competent persons should be working on electrical equipment on any site, the equipment should be maintained as to prevent danger. Persons working on electrical equipment should also be competent as to prevent danger or injury. Replacing a fuse with a metal rod is not maintaining it to the correct standard, a 13A plugtop is rated at that, 13A.

Sponsored Links
Bigburn said:
I got another pretty sharp tingle a few weeks ago using a 240 drill standing in 6" inches of water whilst it was pouring rain out of the heavens.

You sound like a liability :eek:

'Big' ??

... the guy we were working for at the time had his daughter home on holiday who was a newly qualified doctor..
déjà vu all over again.

:confused:

libby lou lou said:
ricicle said:
Bigburn said:
I got another pretty sharp tingle a few weeks ago using a 240 drill standing in 6" inches of water whilst it was pouring rain out of the heavens.

You sound like a liability :eek:

Obviously a wind up, even by my standards, :oops:

No wind up. Have'nt you ever stood in 6" of water whilst using a 240 drill in the teeming rain.

Part P covers ALL elecltrical work installation in a domestic premises which was your original question.
Seems strange that you bothered to ask about that though when you knew the practice was dangerous anyway.
I can`t imagine, why under the circumstances, you asked it.
I despair upon the procedures you practice and I wouldn`t trust you to clean me windows never mind touch owt electrical.
Surely it`s a wind up.

Yes He might be but what about the folk he might injure or kill with his downright stupidity.

Correction - this is not even stupid it is downright crimminally physcotic behaviour.
Hope it is a wind up

ebee said:
Yes He might be but what about the folk he might injure or kill with his downright stupidity.

Correction - this is not even stupid it is downright crimminally physcotic behaviour.
Hope it is a wind up

I guess Im fortuanate enough now to work on sites where the normal rules dont strictly apply. When you read these forums it gives you an idea of some of the constraints people have to work under.
I think some of the safety measures on large sites is way over the top anyway. On one site near me a guy was crushed in a trench and the site closed for a year.
When I started after the year was up they made me wear a safety harness just to go up a 6' stepladder to gain access to a normal sized ceiling. On coming back down I tripped on the harness and pulled my back. If I had got hold of the safety officer at that point and I had been fit enough I would have wrapped the harness around his neck.
As I said I have just got the tools (bar the welder) changed over to 110V so hopefully I wont have to revert back to 240.

cupidstunt.jpg

Cupid Stunt.

Is their such a thing as a portable lightweight 110V site welder incidentally ??.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back