13 amp fuses

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Bigburn said:
I take chances thats for sure but I try not to endanger anyone else.

Try? By doing all those things you have described to us?

HSW impresses the need for every worker to work safely with due regard for anybody else, be it customers, employers, members of the public, whoever.

You do not. What will it take for you to change your ways? An injury or death caused by your negligence?

Just because you've got away with it so far, it does not mean your methods of work are safe or acceptable, just that you've been very lucky.

Don't stretch it.

Sponsored Links
Paper Spark said:
Bigburn wrote

Does anyone know if Part P covers changing fuses in 13 amp 3 pin plugs on extension cables. ??
The 13 amp fuse was continually blowing when I was using the welder so I just cut a small length of 6mm copper capillary pipe and placed that in the plug .

Maybe Part P doesn't cover fuse changing & using portable equipment (especially 230V drills) but PUWER98 does

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg291.pdf

Ive been on so many industrial site safety induction courses I could recite the words in that link backwards without even looking at it. :D

RF,
He`s laughing at us `cos we are not sure whether he`s serious or not and let`s face it we all know someone that daft.
Wind up surely, please it must be (I hope, I really do hope)

Bigburn said:
Ive been on so many industrial site safety induction courses I could recite the words in that link backwards without even looking at it.

You're taking the p*ss now.

Did you parents not give you enough attention as a child?

I think we should take this guy's advice - let's stop replying and he can talk to himself from now on...

ebee said:
RF,
He`s laughing at us `cos we are not sure whether he`s serious or not and let`s face it we all know someone that daft.
Wind up surely, please it must be (I hope, I really do hope)

No wind up ebee. :)
What part of what I have wrote concerns you most ?.

No wind up ebee.
What part of what I have wrote concerns you most ?.

The fact that you just might actually be serious

Bigburn said:
Spark 123 said:
Fortunate?? Are you for real?

You bet. Safety officials cannot police the sites I work on and thats the way I like it.
It may suprise you if you should ever end up in court for your part killing someone.
How does this make you feel, like his life was an inconvenience to work or something?
How did you manage to trip on your harness if you were wearing it?

Coming back down the step ladder. The safety rope which was about 4m long was rolled up and slung over my shoulder and a loop of this rope fell of while I was coming down and I didnt see this happening quick enough and tripped me up causing me to twist my back as I fell to the ground.
I was three steps up on the step ladder ( less than a meter or so)which gave me access to the suspended above ceiling where I was carrying out my work .
Did you have the rope dragging along the ground or something?

See above.

Did the harness have a shock absorber?

Yep

Was there a secure point to attach the harness?

Nope. I was working under a suspended ceiling.

Was there a rescue plan in place?

Not that I was aware off . :(
So what was the point in wearing a safety harness if there was nowhere to attach it?? Are you trained in the use of harnesses? Did you know a shock absorber needs something like 2 meters to be effective? Did you take this up with the site safety advisor or just carry on regardless?

Spark 123 wrote

It may suprise you if you should ever end up in court for your part killing someone

It wouldnt suprise me at all. We had a close shave a couple of months ago when a fly jib collapsed and nearly dropped 2 tons on a guys head.

How does this make you feel, like his life was an inconvenience to your work or something?

The safety officer was an inconvience to my work and I ended up injured because of his incompetance. Thats why I walked off the site.

So what was the point in wearing a safety harness if there was nowhere to attach it??

Exactly.

Are you trained in the use of harnesses?

Yep.

Did you know a shock absorber needs something like 2 meters to be effective?

Yep. I knew it but the safety officer didnt. As I said before I would have wrapped the harness around his neck and throttled him after I fell of the ladder , had I been fit.

Did you take this up with the site safety advisor or just carry on regardless?

You bet I did. But it made no difference.
Prior to falling off the ladder a workmate was thrown off the site for not wearing his harness.
Again he was not operating in a dangerous area and was issued with a harness which was designed for roof top operations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back