1st July

AFAIK the ban actually comes into force at 5AM on july 1st, to overcome the stub it out at midnight problem.

I'm off out for my last pint and a fag in a pub now...... :cry:

Sponsored Links
trazor said:
Bet you all the smokers are indulging in their last Hurrah tonight, down at the pubs............ :LOL:
No, we didn't.
And we go today neither - which we normally do to end the working weekend. We stay at home now - and if it finally wants to turn back to Summer we have our lovely garden - all for ourselves ;)
We are going to safe so much money!

I wonder if we can smoke anything else? :rolleyes:well they'll ban alcohol one day so we'll just go to the pub to...........complain about stuff.

I'm desperately waiting for a ban on cheap (or too much) perfume and after-shave.
Ever been in a pub and stood next to someone who 'splashed' a bit much on? Makes you gag and for me can trigger a kind of asthma attack!
But the 'pressure' group for this ban isn't big (or rich) enough :confused:

Sponsored Links
Did I see somewhere that you can only smoke at a distance of more than 5 metres from a buildings entrance. I've no idea how that going to work in a lot of places in London, which aren't more than 5 metres away from anything :confused:

Still I don't care. When the govt. (Gawd bless 'em an all that sail in 'em) BAN drinking in pubs .......

Not noticed people who wear too much perfume / aftershave in pubs, B.O. mainly, probably say a lot about the pubs I go to, either that or it's my personal hygine that's wanting :D

What about those of us that don't smoke, but have the occasional drink outside? Do we have to put up with smoke drifting all over us outside? They should have banned them anywhere on the premises.

I agree with you joe-90 - now, rather than choose not to enter a smokers' den, I have to walk around in public places intermittently holding my breath.

When do you think it will be legal for non-smokers to carry around a small syringe (or similar) of vomit that can be sprayed over smokers whenever we feel like it? I mean, it's only passive vomiting isn't it? And smokers can choose whether or not they come near me, can't they? And stopping me doing it would be an infringement of my civil liberties and my right to get beaten to a pulp by hordes of smokers reeking of wet vomit, wouldn't it? :eek:

I used to smoke and so did my hubby.

When I look back now I was so so selfish towards others.

I think the smoking ban should go further.. ban smoking in front of children under sixteen.

ok... that is not enforcible but its the principle!

I hate seeing people who smoke in cars with kids. Or smoking when pregnant.
Or holding babes and smoking.

Or sitting in their living room smiking while young pople are present.

Get real folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are killing people but you choose to ignore it because it doesnt hit you in the face there and then!!!

would you inject your kid with an injection of cancer?????

would you????

would you play roulette with them like that?

Dont come with the human rights babble......

it doesnt wash!

strong perfume Woodyou like? ? I respected your views until this one. its hardly the same.

smokers you know you are doing something which can kill.... but you ignore it.
YOU... choose to ignore it.

dont force it down our throats and into our lungs too.

Its selfish and nothing other than that.

ok, I can see that this ruling has ruined your lives.... but at least be honest!!!

Its you smokers who have the poisonous habit you crave and cant or dont want to kick.

but dont try and blame the non smokers for not wanting to join you in your gamble with life!

harsh words yes.... get cancer or another fatal smoking related disease and then see how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're all passive polluters. Do you think about the poor pedestrian you drive past when you give him a quick dose of carbon monoxide or the bloke on the pushbike. I'm an X-smoker and glad I gave up and my wife still smokes but I don't mind if other people smoke in front of me(as long as the winds in the right direction).

slick... we made need to agree to differ...

I do not view transport the same as smoking.

I work miles away from where I live. I live in the country with no employment as the farms employ their own offspring.

so... I could travel by horse and cart but I dont as although I have some land, I cant keep two horses and two traps for my hub and I to go to work and the horses would struggle with distance every day.

commuter pollution is an issue but in cumbria, we have little choice but to use motorised transport as often jobs are at least twenty miles away.

not the fat arsed lazy mothers who take the 4x4 the quarter mile to school and cant drive the bloody things and take up two parking spaces because they want to l;ook the part but cant drive.

its still different to sucking in the dirty habit and then blowing out the filth onto me.

I think that I made a bad comparison there Toffee. I still think that people need to ease-up a little bit. Chill out, relax, unwind, put your feet up. A few people need to sort out the difference between "freedom of choice", and "I have the right"..... Kev...

Should adults that smoke be able to foster or adopt children? The kids are stuck with the health risks 24/7/365.

I think there are many behavioural parenting problems to resolve before we start getting medieval on the reproductive organs of smokers.

Sponsored Links
Back