A year of Keir

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem that mandelson

Starmers in official advisor ;);)

company Wilbury is a senior adviser to US investment bank Lazard (?)

also he has some company Global Counsel ?? A bussiness lobbying and advisory company :sneaky:

it offers to help corporations manage risk and see opportunities in politics regulation and public policy :confused:

clients are Banco Santander
UK bank lobby group UK finance and a lobby group for Europe’s biggest corporations
:sneaky: Hmmmm lobbying :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Keir.. the gift that keeps on giving.

Do have a peek at Starmers career:

"Working pro bono, Starmer is instrumental in overturning the mandatory death penalty in Uganda and saving the lives of 417 people"

"He was named as QC of the Year in the field of human rights and public law in 2007 by the Chambers & Partners Directory and in 2005 he won the Bar Council's Sydney Elland Goldsmith award for his outstanding contribution to pro bono work in challenging the death penalty throughout the Caribbean and Africa"

"He has also conducted cases all over the world, including in international courts such as the International Court of Justice, the European Court of Human Rights, the Inter-American Court of Human Right, the Caribbean Court of Justice and the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights"

Starmer might not be full of charisma, but he is a clever guy, don't dismiss him just because of your tribalism.

Sponsored Links
Do have a peek at Starmers career:

"Working pro bono, Starmer is instrumental in overturning the mandatory death penalty in Uganda and saving the lives of 417 people"

"He was named as QC of the Year in the field of human rights and public law in 2007 by the Chambers & Partners Directory and in 2005 he won the Bar Council's Sydney Elland Goldsmith award for his outstanding contribution to pro bono work in challenging the death penalty throughout the Caribbean and Africa"

"He has also conducted cases all over the world, including in international courts such as the International Court of Justice, the European Court of Human Rights, the Inter-American Court of Human Right, the Caribbean Court of Justice and the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights"

Starmer might not be full of charisma, but he is a clever guy, don't dismiss him just because of your tribalism.

starmer is a very clued up fella and a decent enough bloke
He worked very well with Theresa may whilst director of prosecutions and she was Home Secretary he spoke very well of her as she did him as they worked (to an extent)closely at that time

I know all about him. I know what a hard time growing up was . Especially due to the debilitating awful condition his mother had that forced her to give up nursing.
But he has got......., the whatever is needed to get people on board. End of.

Starmer is in a difficult situation
In particular as an opposition leader whilst this Chinese virus caper is going on

he has to ( to an extent) support buffoon Johnson / torys

Don’t get me wrong Notch. What he has achieved is incredible, especially with him being a carer during his school days.
He’s achieved more than 99,9 percent of the population & is squeaky clean to boot but he ain’t got......... it.

And by all accounts

that's interesting

have you got links to a few of the places you saw the figures between 2008 and 2013?

Obviously you are not referring to the poor performance in, for example, 2019-2020

that's interesting

have you got links to a few of the places you saw the figures between 2008 and 2013?

Obviously you are not referring to the poor performance in, for example, 2019-2020
No I'm referring to policies and practices put in place over several years that created a downward spiral in subsequent years.

Let me check

totally wrong. He is a highly regarded lawyer.

"In 2008, he became Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) and Head of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), holding these roles until 2013.

True dat.

And by all accounts he oversaw the unprecedented decline in CPS performance, the lowering of prosecutions and convictions in many crimes particularly sexual offences and rape.

Are you saying that he "oversaw" things that happened several years after he left the job?

Or can you show links to a few of the places you saw the figures between 2008 and 2013?

Let me check

Are you saying that he "oversaw" things that happened several years after he left the job?
Things don't just happen overnight in government, and cases take a long time. The effects of the top civil servant's crap management are felt in the years after when the statistics come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back