And you thought YOU had a bad day..........

L

Lincsbodger

article-1278300-098EB596000005DC-813_468x286.jpg

A garage worker has written off a client's brand new £245,000 Ferrari after taking it for a test drive following an MOT and crashing it into a lamppost.

The junior road tester from a local MOT centre had taken the dark blue Ferrari 612 Scaglietti for a spin to 'put it through its paces' before returning it to its owner.

But the driver lost control of the car, which has a top speed of 193mph and goes from 0-60 in just four seconds, before mounting a two-foot wall and landing in the middle of a roundabout.

The driver, who is in his early 20s, was treated for shock at the scene in New Malden, Surrey, but was unhurt.

The top-of-the-range car is one of only a handful in the UK .

A source said the car was being given a 'quick road test' before being handed back to its owner, who was 'obviously not happy that their pride and joy has been wrecked.'

'The poor sod driving the car is insured, but these cars don't come along very often and they cost a hell of a lot of money,' the source said.

'There's a two-year waiting list for a car like this, so the guy will have a wait a bit before he can get behind the wheel of that kind of motor again.'

Onlooker Gary Adams said: 'He was driving along one minute and the next the car was in the middle of the roundabout.

'He looked pretty stressed out when he realised the car was wrecked and kept saying his bosses would kill him.'

Another eyewitness, who did not want to be named, said: 'It was a bit bizarre. He just lost control and smashed into a lamppost and then the car mounted the roundabout and ended up in the middle of it.

'There were no other cars involved - he just lost it as he went round the roundabout.'

Police called to the scene said the crash was being treated as a 'one car accident' and that an investigation was not necessary.

Sponsored Links
although if he were MOT'ing it, presumably its 3 years old and therefore not brand new........

Why would an MOT test station be "putting it through it's paces" delivering it? I didn't think a road test was part of the MOT

Sponsored Links
I'm really upset about the lamp-post being damaged.

A garage worker has written off a client's brand new £245,000 Ferrari after taking it for a test drive following an MOT and crashing it into a lamppost

That does not make sense :confused:

I'm assuming it must be brand new to the owner

A garage worker has written off a client's brand new £245,000 Ferrari after taking it for a test drive following an MOT and crashing it into a lamppost

That does not make sense :confused:

I'm assuming it must be brand new to the owner

Yes , i said earlier, it must be at least 3 years old to want an MOT.

As stated above, why would you road test the car after an MOT? it has never been the case with any car i've taken for an MOT?

Also, what sort of idiot gives a 20 year old the keys to a £250k sports car?

serves them right, should see a nice hike in their insurance next year :LOL:

its obvious the guy just fancied a spin in the car because of what it was, cars dont get road tested, they have a rolling road and the car passes or fails, very unprofessional of the garage to let him take it out (if they knew) and should be a sacking offence if he took it without them knowing, i mean a 20 yr old driving that kind of car its no great surprise what happened, i bet if they asked for witnesses there would have been 2 pretty girls 50yds up the road from the roundabout who saw him speeding up as he seen them, then lost control and went through the roundabout.

fancy ordering such a rare car, only to find when it turns up it is the wrong colour!
The mechanic did the only decent thing.....

cars dont get road tested, they have a rolling road and the car passes or fails,t.

My Scooby-doo was perm 4 wheel drive so they had to take on road-test with G-meter thing to test the brakes, couldn't be done on rolling road. Don't know if the ferrari had 4 wheel drive.

Looks like the roundabout at Shannons corner under the A3, probaly went to get some doughnuts from drive thru.

Sponsored Links
Back