Anyone got any evidence for a god?

It's like asking your dog to understand calculus

My dog understands one bone + one bone = take the biggest one He instinctively works out how long it will take him to eat the first one and then comes back for the second one. Therefore my dog has a concept of time.;) ;)

If I look at him in a mirror, am I seeing a god ?
;) ;)

Sponsored Links
What I mean is - say something that makes sense.

You cannot have effect without cause - and that applies to the universe too.

And you still don't know how paracetamol works, just a vague guess so far.

So you don't understand. That's fine, nothing to be ashamed of.

Well if science understand the beginning of the universe then you can start with the big bang and then you can create life. Off you go now. :rolleyes:

Joe - As usual, you avoid the question.
You are beginning to bore me.
As we are getting nowhere with the original question and you are being your usual self trying diversionary tactics, I am signing out so don't bother yourself with a reply.

The universe is a finite age of 13.4 billion years. Where did it come from?

It either came from a source that has always been there (god) or something acted upon nothing to make it something (god).

Take your pick.

:mrgreen:

Oh! Joe - you are at it again.
You are mixing two opposing ideas. The 13.4 B years is a scientifically derived figure, supported by substantial evidence. Your God Bothering lot have a figure of 6000 years preached to you which has no evidence what so ever. So you are using science on one hand and fairy Tales on the other, and you suggest I take my pick.
Let is get it clear, I made my pick many years ago, and am willing to be convinced I am wrong by evidence. You, on the other hand, are completely confused using Science to support one argument and Fairy stories to support another. So, with respect, it is you that should take your pick, and not 'Cherry Pick' your arguments.
In so far as what was there pre 13.4 B years is of course open to debate, but science/mathematics arrives at the conclusion that even Time(whatever that is) did not exist before that. Don't understand that but it is what Science/ Mathematics comes up with. At least that has repeatable experimental proof, whereas your Fairy stories are neither repeatable or demonstrable.
Joe, I have no need to convince you of anything, only a very reasonable suggestion that you review the evidence without prejudice, and if you are still of the God Bothering conclusion, then that is entirely your prerogative, but reach the conclusion by studying the evidence and the Fairy Stories.
I personally come down on the side of Science/Mathematics/Evidence, you may still choose the Fairy Story side, which is absolutely fine by me. If you come up with any evidence to support your conclusion I would be delighted to hear it, as believing in Fairies at the bottom of the garden is a nicer albeit misguided conclusion.
I would suggest you approach the subject with an open mind and not the evil stories that are preached in the Bible.

The only thing you are right about the time is that it did not exist before God pressed the red button and (well not actually, he didn't need to press any button, just his mind over matter/energy or thought triggered the creation) and we call it the big bang event, a very rapid (sudden) conversion of energy into matter, this matter coming into existence so rapidly, (if you take a time lapse photography of bacteria colony multiplying exponentially, doubling in size and play it back at high speed, it would almost look like an explosion or rapid expansion.

So time came into being as well as all other laws of nature or laws of physics we call or rather the scientist prefer to call law of God or nature as law of Physics, they stole it from God, it is the laws of God not bloody physics, physicians never created any law!

So the time started when God had wanted to create it since only he is not bound by time, he is beyond time, infinite, eternal, and so to him time is irrelevant, he is outside of it, hence why billions of years to us seems so long, for him it is probably a blink of an eye. (well not quite as he don't need eyes like we do!)

You will lose out guys because you are non-believers so disillusioned by science that you forgot who the real creator is, and you haven't got the means or senses to sense his presence and so you declare that he simply does not exist, quite the opposite my friends, but don't worry one day you will come to your senses, you still must be very young, some people acquire this sacred knowledge quite late in their life, you won't be alone Sombrero, we know there are quite a few lost souls on here who don't know their origin and think they came from nothing! quite hilarious pot calling the kettle! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well if science understand the beginning of the universe then you can start with the big bang and then you can create life. Off you go now. :rolleyes:

Joe - As usual, you avoid the question.
You are beginning to bore me.
As we are getting nowhere with the original question and you are being your usual self trying diversionary tactics, I am signing out so don't bother yourself with a reply.

Come back next time you want your ass kicking.

Oh and its not for us to prove that God exists, we can tell he does from the signs all around us, its for you to learn how to use your senses to see and decipher all the signs that God actually must exists!

ha ha ha, shame about your lack of special ability to see God. We must be very fortunate to possess and use this sense. ;)

!

So we are back to the same position .

There is no evidence for a god that does not depend on belief in that god, in order to see it as evidence. But some people choose to believe that either

- god created the universe and does nothing now
- god created the universe and allows or makes terrible things happen

Joe, I'd like to hear what you think of this Randy Newman song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEKuGcmW70I

There is also a line in a Tom Waits song that says

' ...there ain't no Devil- that's just God when he's drunk' :D

I don't get my knowledge from pop stars, thanks all the same.

You'll be quoting Subo next. :rolleyes:

You don't have to accept it, there is a God who created this universe, but you can't possibly see him as he is not within our abilities to be seen, one can only realise that he exists.

Now that is not too difficult to comprehend is it?

Has anyone seen Black Hole, has anyone got a direct evidence other than signs that nearby objects are being suckered in, so is that a clear visible evidence? of course not! so it is the same for God, just like a black hole sucks nearby objects that we observe, and then concluded that a balck hole must exist, same way we can say God exists, as we can see all his creation but just like a black hole we cannot see God.

Answer that my scientific friends, can you prove to me that a black hole actually exists, or is it a fig of your imagination?

And what if the black hole was a time tunnel that sucked up objects and took them to God? in other words, matter gets sucked in and gets annihilated and once again becomes God/Energy, thus you observe those large gamma rays being emitted from its event horizon or its mouth as matter is annihilated and gets converted back to energy.

I don't get my knowledge from pop stars, thanks all the same.

You'll be quoting Subo next. :rolleyes:

Hardly 'Pop Stars' Joe - you'll be on about the Hit Parade next :)

Apologies for trying to bring in a few cultural references, I'll stick to the unknowable next time ;)

Oh and its not for us to prove that God exists, we can tell he does from the signs all around us

Ooh, that's sexist. I'm going to report you to the BBD (British Brigade of Do-gooders).

Please do, and also don't forget I used the racist term Black Hole, so don't forget to report me to the race relations board, if there is one still being funded under the prosperty measures! :)

Oh and its not for us to prove that God exists, we can tell he does from the signs all around us

Ooh, that's sexist. I'm going to report you to the BBD (British Brigade of Do-gooders).

Please do, and also don't forget I used the racist term Black Hole, so don't forget to report me to the race relations board, if there is one still being funded under the prosperity measures! :)

Oh I'm sure that will be one of the very last 'important' organisations to be disposed of.

Sponsored Links
Back