BBC license removal Bring it on Boris !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampons could be 5% cheaper.

That's a sillier argument than you know.

UK starts using VAT. Decides to charge it on Tampons.
UK joins EU. Agrees that it will not stop charging VAT.
(many years pass)
UK decides it wishes VAT wasn't charged on tampons
UK moans and grumbles.
(more years pass)
UK PM goes to EU and says "we'd prefer not to charge VAT on tampons"
EU says, "fine, if that's what you want, we can change the rules. Why didn't you ask sooner?"
UK moans and grumbles.

Sponsored Links
I dont watch TV as its aired or watch any BBC catch up so dont need to pay for a license

Sponsored Links
On the subject of Sanitary products, the Scottish Government a wee while ago introduced a system of free access to such products in Schools and all higher education campuses, the result was that Female absences dropped like a stone.

I have heard that the English Government are about to introduce similar legislation. Such moves may go some way to addressing "period Poverty"??

No, I'm not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42013239

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampon_tax

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...on-tax-is-here-to-stay---for-a-while-at-least

Can you put up a link to where you're quoting this from;

UK PM goes to EU and says "we'd prefer not to charge VAT on tampons"
EU says, "fine, if that's what you want, we can change the rules. Why didn't you ask sooner?"

Because it certainly ain't on the link you provided.

Do you deny that Prime Minister Cameron went to the EU in 2016 and said (I approximate his words) "we'd prefer not to charge VAT on tampons"

Do you deny that the EU response was (I approximate their words) "fine, if that's what you want, we can change the rules. Why didn't you ask sooner?"

Can you tell me why the UK didn't ask sooner?

Was it (1) because the UK government didn't care enough to bother?

(2) Because the UK government likes to blame the EU for things the UK has done?

(3) Both of the above?

(4) Some other reason?

What is of immediate effect is that [as previously posted?] the Scottish Government made all typed of sanitary products FREE in schools and higher education establishments.

Why?

Because it has resulted in a massive reduction in female Students failing to attend classes and lectures on a regular basis.

England are now falling into line, and listening to the "Period Poverty" problem.

Do you deny that the EU response was (I approximate their words) "fine, if that's what you want, we can change the rules. Why didn't you ask sooner?"

Can you tell me why the UK didn't ask sooner?

I'm asking you to put up a link where that's quoted, if you can't, fair enough, we can draw our own conclusions.

I've been at work all day, I've done a night hike with my Scout group tonight, I'm at work again all tomorrow but on Sunday (after I've updated our cars PCM) I'll have a dig about and reply properly.
Some original excuses, but sadly you have failed to deliver as do all the BBC bias brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back