BBC license removal Bring it on Boris !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad state of affairs Imo

How a proud nation that fought 2 European wars

Fought in Korea for the UN

Falklands against some fascist dictater ship.
Permanent member of the UN security Council

Founder member of Nato

And then cannot even set a tampon tax :eek:

What a total. Disgrace just go's to show how these foreigners have dragged this country down

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...inktank-called-for-end-of-bbc-in-current-form

What the f uck.

One post from September 2004 said: “There are three structural things that the right needs to happen in terms of communications... 1) the undermining of the BBC’s credibility; 2) the creation of a Fox News equivalent / talk radio shows / bloggers etc to shift the centre of gravity; 3) the end of the ban on TV political advertising.”

So democracy can go jump off a cliff. We are becoming like the US.

I've been at work all day, I've done a night hike with my Scout group tonight, I'm at work again all tomorrow but on Sunday (after I've updated our cars PCM) I'll have a dig about and reply properly.
Its Tuesday now, lets have your proof, or did you get your woggle caught in brambles

please explain which of these lines you claim is incorrect.

for your convenience I have numbered them.

1) UK starts using VAT. Decides to charge it on Tampons.

2) UK joins EU. Agrees that it will not stop charging VAT.

3) (many years pass)

4) UK decides it wishes VAT wasn't charged on tampons

5) UK moans and grumbles.

6) (more years pass)

7) UK PM goes to EU and says "we'd prefer not to charge VAT on tampons"

8) EU says, "fine, if that's what you want, we can change the rules. Why didn't you ask sooner?"

9) UK moans and grumbles.

please explain which of these lines you claim is incorrect.

for your convenience I have numbered them.

Number 8 is total bollix as well you know. 1 and 2 are ropey, VAT was introduced as a condition for joining the EU, 5 and 9 you're just demonstrating what an idiot you are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampon_tax

Read the notes, some are particularly relevant. As things stand the earliest the tampon tax can be abolished is Jan 2022.

In fact 1 - 9 inclusive are total rubbish and you're putting sentences in quotation marks suggesting these things were actually said, they weren't, that's why you can't provide a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back