BG blag

Sponsored Links
I understand peoples frustrations when it comes to BG's pricing policy. £4000 to change + Combi + Rads etc, ive seen lots of quotes, some redicilous ones from greedy sales men + some very expensive ones that are just BG being BG.

I hate quoteing for work as I know its hardly going to be accepted, £240 for a mangaclean, £100+ for 1 trv sometimes, but theres nothing I or my direct managers can do about that.

As Has been said many times before its a quote, and you accept it, then thats your choice. If the works done to standard then you cant complain.

Who Spends £1000->£5000 on anyhting in the world without looking about or doing research on what your actually getting.

The biggest amount of angry customers I see are angy cos Ive told them somethings not covered and they moan about paying £x a month for cover to get told this,well its in the terms and conditions just like when my phone breaks due to water, and I find out the insurance doesnt cover water damage, Im angry, but its my own fault lol.

At the end of the day, im sure 90% of the engeneers for BG dont agree with most of their policies/pricing (i certainly dont) but a manger tells me how to do my job and I do it, thats all there is to it.

And as for the new performance, I doubt will make a huge difference as they can sack engeneers with poor perfomance.

just spoke to customer.hes not on contract with BG.The engineer who came out to burst cyl , told him his boiler was "knackered" and he needs a new one.yet hes rigged it so they can have heating only.BG salesman called with quote of 2800 , and when asked about boiler working said well it could fail at any minute.(what a scam)

So the scam is guy calls gets a boiler that could be as old as 25 years working so he can have heat and guy honestly says it could pack up at anytime ,which is not an unreasonable asumption on a boiler of this age... So where is the scam..... i take it you are fitting the cylinder so how much are you charging.

Sponsored Links
boiler fitted in 1991.worked before BG called. cyl swap about 300 quid but not been to job to survey yet.

Well it could break down at any moment but a 23 y.o. heat only boiler is far less likely to break down than a new combi !!! Or any other new boiler for that matter.

I expect the MTBF on an old boiler wouls be in excess of 12 years.

A modern combi perhaps 5 years?

Tony

fitz1 said:
boiler fitted in 1991.worked before BG called. cyl swap about 300 quid but not been to job to survey yet.

What was the original fault.

The boiler was working fine and the cylinder was ok before he got there.

Post back when you have actually been and had a look ;)

A 36 x 18 indirect cylinder is about £182 in B&Q so thats leaving the installation price a little thin if any installation issues arise.

Tony

The system is still gettin on if the 91 (nickso can check on his laptop build years and obsolesence of parts) year is correct Elans where prone to flues rotting inside... I still cannot see them not giving a price for cylinder swap, 2800 is not excessive for new boiler/cylinder and bringing up to current regs and possible awkward condensate run... As scatman says prob better looking first before commenting... Fair play to you if you want to do a cylinder for just over a ton labour

fitting new cylinder controls pump and 15ri + magna clean and flush tomorrow for £2480 so a similar job from the gas board for £2800 is not that bad.

you can say any boiler could break down at any minute how ever slim the chance maybe.

so the cylinder is buggered and bg are around like dogs on heat quoting for a new boiler...because the boiler could break down at any minute?

it like having a faulty tap and the guy that comes out to fix it tells you that the supply pipe could burst at any minute because it is been in the ground for 15 years... :rolleyes:

sounds a bit of pressure selling is happening. nothing like selling a boiler with fear

Mehran .SO every boiler you have ever exchanged has been in a none working state or did the customer say i think i better change this i don`t want it breaking down in the winter to which you did not change there minds

am i the only one whos confused about what the actual problem with the boiler is?

the cylinder is goosed. fine. but what has he "rigged" to get the boiler "working" again? a bugg ered cylinder doesnt need anything to be rigged for the boiler to to keep working assuming that the coil isnt punctured.

mehran said:
you can say any boiler could break down at any minute how ever slim the chance maybe.

yes, yes you can.

so the cylinder is b*****r and bg are around like dogs on heat quoting for a new boiler...because the boiler could break down at any minute?

what? they are called in for the cylinder and he has been recommended a boiler quote. you dont even know the exact circumstances of that conversation, pure conjecture again. :rolleyes:

it like having a faulty tap and the guy that comes out to fix it tells you that the supply pipe could burst at any minute because it is been in the ground for 15 years

yes its exactly like that. :LOL:

sounds a bit of pressure selling is happening. nothing like selling a boiler with fear

christ, you are indeed the new tony. or perhaps his sidekick, random conjecture boy.

a high % of boiler i take out are none working. some choose that they want a new boiler or boiler i managed to keep going over winter till warmer months or more money is available.

no pressure selling, no fear tactics

edit:
god help me if i do turn in to tony...i hope i have a better sense of hummer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back