divorce

Sponsored Links
To Bacho good days and bad days. Knocked the booze on the head, I'm not cut out for it. To some poster's though I'm sorry it's really not a competition as to who hurts the most. move out next saturday.

Sponsored Links
Keep head up Eddie and make sure you get kids over first chance you get in new place

Good luck eddie, try and stay strong, maybe start thinking of putting yourself first for a while, you will feel better for it, then you can have some sort of life with your kids in your new environment, thoughts are with you.

Good to hear you are ok Eddie. Hang on in there and better times are around the corner. :D

Just another 'Good Luck' wish Eddie and as has been said, get yourself settled in and get the kids round to show them you still love them as much as ever.

Eddie - only just gone through this thread and my thoughts are with you. I've never been through it myself but i'm married with two young children and i can imagine how i'd feel if i had to move out and leave the missus and the children behind - it would devastate me. People (most of them anyway) seem to be giving you some good advice so try to hold on through it and use as much of their advice you think will be useful as you can.

My parents are divorced but fortunately for us (me and my sister) we we're both grown up and on the verge of leaving home to start our own lives anyway. They grew apart over the years but they kept everything friendly and civil during the split and it made it so much easier for them and us. They still spend time together from time to time and we can safely invite them to family occasions (birthdays, christmas etc...) wihtout worrying they wont get on. That definately makes it easier for my sister and I. It helped that i was grown up when it happened but i just see them both as my parents, they just live in seperate houses now.

Glad to hear you've got off the alcohol path - having a few beers with your mates to take your mind off it is a good idea but downing pints every day wont solve anything and will only make you feel better for a very short time.

Hope things start to turn around for the better for you sooner rather than later.

Well, as a soap opera update, rented a flat for the interim, plus I've bought a house 5 mins walk from the old family home. She'll never know how lucky she was that I didn't have to sell the old place, still she's still being a complete twonk and not allowing me to take anything from the house. So being a little vindictive, I bought the best of everything for the new place. Gets rid of some of the money :eek: :eek: well what judge would begrude me a TV (even if it is an LED one :LOL:)

Thanks all, the relief of being able to buy a place so close by is indescribable, I'll hopefully be able to see the kids nearly as often as before. It has got a bit better, still good days and not so good days, but I feel well.... quite a bit better.

Good side of the new house is it needs gutting, game on!

Thanks, for all your support, had the kids round for inagural sunday lunch, resonably successful, have found though I'm still buying family sized supermarket orders, wow, how much food! Panic attacks stopped, drinking moderate now, just feel neutral now, but getting a lot better. God it destroys me when the kids go home though. I so wish I could fix it all but I guess it's time to move on. Anyway, thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Back