divorce

Eddie,
believe me mate I have nothing for you to envy me about. I have my own problems at the moment, long standing ones that I won't bore you or anyone on here with, but i sincerely wish you luck mate. you WILL get through this because you have mates on here to help you.

Good luck and take one day at a time mate.

Sponsored Links
I'd like to also thank RF for his words, I know we had some silly words in the past, they were stupid on my part.

oh dear, my soon to be ex is chucking all my stuff randomly around the house, she even packed one of her own items of clothing into a bag, she truly has lost the plot. Reasonable and civil I assure you she is not!

oh dear, my soon to be ex is chucking all my stuff randomly around the house, she even packed one of her own items of clothing into a bag, she truly has lost the plot. Reasonable and civil I assure you she is not!
Are you sure that your children are safe with her at present?

Sponsored Links
I don't know why you are still there. You'll have to find a flat sooner or later. I moved into bedsit land when I left. Why prolong the agony? Do it and get it over with.

As Price Pritchett once said: "Change always arrives bearing gifts."

It's time to find out what they are.

Eddie,
Just had interesting idea.........could be a first in diynot history....

Just for research purposes........ :) Here goes............

Ask your WIFE to post on this thread ! ......... :eek:

Now THAT would really put a twist in the tale.... ;)

This thread needs a female voice thats for sure.

I am leaving, but it takes a while these days even to get a flat, so much checking references, etc. Yes it would be interesting to hear the other halfs side, but I don't think you would be able to stand the vitreol. I know what I'm saying is one sided, plus, many will think I've already stepped over the line. but I don't want it to become more of a soap opera than maybe it already has become.

Your wife has made up her mind. The rage will continue in case she were to soften and everything go back into its place. Did you go to relate? Why would she one day have a brain storm and turn on you like a rabbid dog? That's what you are saying she did. Every effect has a cause - and you must know what that cause was. It's none of our business but you must know. You must have seen the storm clouds building.

Eddie, My last post was meant to be a lighthearted comment, to make you smile.......... My apologies.

As said ........Many of us have been there and in my case..... still going through it.
Too much sympathy is simply no good for you......keep your humour and your dignity, hold your head up high........and walk away.
Don't let yourself be bullied into any single decision whatsoever, women are the masters of spite.

Phone your mates........get yourself out for a beer tonight.....have a laugh.......Keep your tears for when you are on your own.

Take care Geez.

Your wife has made up her mind. The rage will continue in case she were to soften and everything go back into its place. Did you go to relate? Why would she one day have a brain storm and turn on you like a rabbid dog? That's what you are saying she did. Every effect has a cause - and you must know what that cause was. It's none of our business but you must know. You must have seen the storm clouds building.

She's always been like that, yes I saw the storm clouds, around 15 years ago really :eek:

Relate, suggested it, she wouldn't go and she wouldn't change anyway, nor would I in fairness. We are chalk and cheese. Being honest, this is all "long term" for the best. But boy it hurts!!

At least you are talking sense now. You've simply grown apart. For the sake of the kids just say "Mum and Dad have decided ....."

Move out as quick as you can and try and be reasonable with each other.

Once you've made the move and settled in and the kids come to visit you'll be surprised to find that it isn't too bad. Probably even better than it was.

Are you sure that your children are safe with her at present?

Physically, yes, they are safe. I'm not entirely sure we're safe with each other at the moment. There have been moments, but fortunately I'm not a violent person, although breathtakingly she says I am "rough" with the kids, FFS, they're boys, we have rough and tumble, it's all part of impressing on boys where the limits are, they know full well I could knock them into next Sunday, but I don't, never have, never will, but boys do like horse play, but they need to know where the limits are, that's part of being a father to boys.

Eddie when I left my ex I just ahad a hold all full of clothes, when I went to collect rest of the stuff she had 2 blokes with baseball bats waiting to make sure I took only my stuff (half of which I didn't get) I was literally terrified.

I got by and so will you mate. Surround yourself with your best friends and keep busy. I am in no doubt reading your posts the kids know they have a good dad and one who loves them very much and that will never change. Keep that message in your heart and soon light will be at the end of the tunnel

Bad day, told to take a couple of days of work to "sort myself out" oooooh, not good!

Sponsored Links
Back