Dogs (why would you do this?)

Jack Russell's are statistically quite high on the list of baby maulings, a survey a few years back revealed that the dog most likely to bite .......... is a Lab.
This.

Dogs of any breed should never be left on their own with a small child, if they aren't old enough to know how to behave around dogs that means not in the same room alone. And for some children who haven't been taught proper behaviour that includes children at least up to the age of 6.

Sponsored Links
We have two Labradors.

The majority of these incidents are down to the owners not doing the right thing, to the point of stupidity mast of the time!.

As for keeping dogs in kitchen/ garden while tradesmen are in, again that's just common sense and courtesy.

Hard floors and a lot of hoovering as well!.

For sure, if I ever succumb to the continuous family pressure to get a family dog, I daresay it will probably end up being a Lab seeing as they're the perfect good al-rounders and generally great for kids, if only I could get past the financial outlay and me ending up being the only one to walk it, let it out for it's ablutions in the morning and at night, the extra hoovering, vets bills and picking up the doodoo despite everyone assuring me it will not always be me, it will always be me ....

Sponsored Links
As I've said dog keepers should be licenced and it should be made unlawful to leave anyone under 18 alone with a dog in a room etc even if they are in the house. We've all heard about the stories where their dog started attacking a bay/adult and the owners could do almost nothing to save the victim/s freom injury/death.

Big dogs and the types often responsible for attacks should be banned from England.

The small ones are the worst I used to finding snapping at my feet and they did worry me - when i rang their door i stood back and kept my feet close so the little rats did not rund through them one scracthed me once and once i accendentally stepped on the little dogs toe that stopped it from barking aat me and trying to bite/scratch me.

Of people with the larger dogs keep it as a show of weapon as they are often weak and need a weapon and what makes me sad is often these types can't look after themsevels never mind a dog - often on benefits as well.

Big dogs and the types often responsible for attacks should be banned from England.
So, no Labrador or Jack Russells.

When people have looked at the statistics there are no breeds more or less likely to attack someone than any other breeds. It's a function of the number of the type of dog and the owner, not the breed of dog.

So, no Labrador or Jack Russells.

When people have looked at the statistics there are no breeds more or less likely to attack someone than any other breeds. It's a function of the number of the type of dog and the owner, not the breed of dog.

Something needs to be done and I have also recommended licensing of dog owners a lot of whom can barely get their life together and I'm not referring to the frail. The fee should be around 500 yo 1k and then a couple of hundred pounds a year to pay for the monitoring of this and supporting mistreated dogs.

We had this problem when my son was born. Many said the dog must go. One difference with this instance is that we had the dog for some time. It was ~5years old. We had had it for~2 years. A rescue dog. Also some care was needed. Not much in this dogs case but that doesn't always apply.

If this report's accurate, the background to this isn't great. The dad bought the American Bully dog from 'a mate' ... a mate the police are having difficulty tracing. So the dad evidently hasn't been able to provide that much info about the seller.

I still can't get my head around on what planet you'd think it was a good idea to introduce an animal like this into a house with a toddler.

Bella-Rae dog attack: Dog was an 'American Bully' which the toddler's father 'had bought off a mate' | Daily Mail Online

NB: Not referring to this case but if you have been worried by a dog or more.

From the link below:

Your dog is considered dangerously out of control if it:

• injures someone
  • makes someone worried that it might injure them
A court could also decide that your dog is dangerously out of control if either of the following apply:

• it attacks someone’s animal
  • the owner of an animal thinks they could be injured if they tried to stop your dog attacking their animal

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public

If dog licences were £500 a year, would you have loads of the things to show off with? Is that why you want the licences to be so much?

Sponsored Links
Back