england v slovenia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm all quiet on here tonight regarding that, is everyone out celebrating or waiting till sunday for another chance to be happy we get knocked out ;)

Sponsored Links
Hmm all quiet on here tonight regarding that, is everyone out celebrating or waiting till sunday for another chance to be happy we get knocked out ;)
The Germans again,its about time we beat them so why not on sunday.

no i thought that done very well,a win is a win,shame rooney didnt score do agree that he was replaced,
they (in my eyes)played with passion and effort which was missing from there last couple of matches.roll on sunday hope they win.

We're all watching the tennis. History has been made.

Sponsored Links
10 hours play and no winner - back again tomorrow.

Do they have names and have you watched for the whole 10 hours :eek:

Nicolas Mahut Vs John Isner (6'9")
2 sets all, 59 games each in the 5th. Nearly a hundred aces each, and the fifth set has lasted longer than any other whole game eveer played.
Two good servers, and average everything else.

And Thermo, i thought we'd drawn a line under this :rolleyes: :LOL:

Slovenia were very poor, they couldn't keep the ball, and they certainly didn't boss midfield. And we play much better with the ball when we're not being pressed all the time.
So happier, but this is where it gets bum-tighteningly scary....

And Joe.... don't you bother replying, you'll be wasting pixels.

;)

It's ok mate - I never intended to. If he can't be bothered to check the web I'm darned if I'll be silly enough to placate him.

And we play much better with the ball when we're not being pressed all the time.

Doesn't everyone?? :rolleyes:

My point was, Einstein, that unlike good sides, we don't usually control whether we have the ball or not. Today was a consequnce of playing a poor team. :rolleyes:

As it happens (just to be clear)I haven't been too impressed with Englands efforts so far. They'll surely have to play a lot better to get much further. One thing I'm sure of though is that the Germans will be just as worried at having to play England as England will be about them. That's because they will be only too well aware that if the English team do play well they can beat anyone. On the other hand they might stink the gaff out and come home at the weekend. Let's hope for the play well scenario, then if we do get beat, fair enough.
Basically what I'm trying to say is anyone can be a smart arsed armchair critic, especially a negative one like you, that's the easiest thing in the world to do.
I prefer to hope that those lads will rise to the challenge and do themselves justice.

With regard to this
My point was, Einstein, that unlike good sides, we don't usually control whether we have the ball or not. Today was a consequnce of playing a poor team.

If you're waiting for England to start stroking the ball about like Spain do it's no wonder you're disappointed, that's never been our game. Perhaps if we could choose from Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas etc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back