england v slovenia

Regarding 'stroking the ball about like Spain', is because its hot in Spain, and they don't like running about too much, the temperature in SA suits England players better, as they are used to the cold. Rooney is still looking off, but for 75 minutes the team played well. Their keeper was excellent, could easily have been 5-1, especially if someone accidentally collided with him, and he was subbed. England still weren't at their best, mainly due to Rooney being off, the ref was lenient towards England, but wassis name shouldn't have got carded.

To be put against Germany doesn't have the old stigma, since England beat them 5-1.

I wonder why Rooney is so out of sorts? I berated him at the Cardiff Carling Cup final against Wigan, and he pointed directly at me at told me to F Off! :LOL: then scored.

Sponsored Links
If you're waiting for England to start stroking the ball about like Spain do it's no wonder you're disappointed, that's never been our game. Perhaps if we could choose from Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas etc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So why can't we play that way? After all, most of our players play alongside players like Alonso, Xavi etc week in week out. But put our lot together and there's no one to receive a pass, no triangles, no one-two's, and we can rarely beat a pllayer with the ball. So the only option left is a pass backwards, and if any team are pressing us, it's back to James who hoofs it upfield and we invariably lose possession.

We did play better yesterday, and their keeper was brilliant. And i accept that our were nervous as hell yesterday.

And Sooey i'm not a smart ar5e, i just have an opinion like everyone else. As for negative, well probably yes... but that doesn't mean i don't want us to win.... just preparing myself for the likeliest outcome.

I think this shows the state of some world football. 2 goals and 1 win out of three matches and England are through - says a lot about the opposition! or about the England team!

Sponsored Links
Although the result was a good one for England, I for one didn't see it as a world class match. Glenn Johnson certainly didn't deserve a yellow card (yet another reason we need instant replays to aid referee's)
Rooney, (when trying to head the ball) flew about as well as my budgie. (4ft and it's on the floor). Heskey still looks tired 2 minutes after kick off.
Ahh well roll on Germany and lets hope England pull together. ;) ;)

As someone who doesn't normally watch footy, I made a point of catching England's games. First 2, dire. Vs Slovenia, very good, but Rooney must have been really p'd off as he wasn't tall enough to get his head to the ball.
Why not play Crouch against a team of tall players??.
Makes sense to me, but what do I know?

If you're waiting for England to start stroking the ball about like Spain do it's no wonder you're disappointed, that's never been our game. Perhaps if we could choose from Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas etc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So why can't we play that way? After all, most of our players play alongside players like Alonso, Xavi etc week in week out. But put our lot together and there's no one to receive a pass, no triangles, no one-two's, and we can rarely beat a pllayer with the ball. So the only option left is a pass backwards, and if any team are pressing us, it's back to James who hoofs it upfield and we invariably lose possession.

We did play better yesterday, and their keeper was brilliant. And i accept that our were nervous as hell yesterday.

And Sooey i'm not a smart a**e, i just have an opinion like everyone else. As for negative, well probably yes... but that doesn't mean i don't want us to win.... just preparing myself for the likeliest outcome.

were you watching the same gane?

still weve done better than france and italy.

Sponsored Links
Back