Euro Terrorist Attacks

Unless I was mistaken, the guy who did Manchester was born in Britain. Again, how does closing boarders help?

it does not .

I just used the trump policy as an example .

most if not all terrorist attacks in the UK are home grown ? 2nd generation ?

I never bought into the argument that all this migration will contain terrorists from Isis ,there may be a few but that is not the issue. imho

the million that have entered Germany ?how many actual terrorists are in that million ;) not many

the problem will come in years to come Germany will reap serious consequences from there generosity 10 / 20 years . no doubt about it

home grown terrorisism extremists :idea::idea:

Sponsored Links
Even more than that - It's reported he was born in Manchester and

his parents were of Libyan descent - so does that mean they were born in Britain as well?

It could (?) be argued that if that manchester bomber's parents had not been allowed into the UK in the 1st place than 22 people would still be alive ?

may be ?

His parents were Libyan refugees.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber-know/

It could (?) be argued that if that manchester bomber's parents had not been allowed into the UK in the 1st place than 22 people would still be alive ?

may be ?
But where do you stop? You'd need a crystal ball to see into the future. I mean, who in all honesty thought that suicide bombing would ever really become a thing in the Western world? Pre 9/11 I would have found the whole notion unfathomable as would most I suspect.

it does not .

I just used the trump policy as an example .
Fair enough :)

Sponsored Links
UK has bombed Iraq and Syria 69 out of 99 days up to April 9 2017, destroying and killing unknown numbers of people

There is bound to be a Lone Wolf that seeks revenge upon this Country and its allies.
UK, along with other NATO allies, also bombed Libya for about 6 months in 2011, inflicting about 2,000 civilian casualties.

the usual speeches /statements by the great & good after these terrible events.

terrorism will never prevail ? we will not surrender our way of life ? violence will never pay ?

so on and so forth.

How far are we prepared to go to stop it ?
How about not inflicting violence on others, for starters?

Depends if people are prepared to trample over others human rights ? how extreme one wants to get ? how violent ?ect ect

Plus we live in a democracy.
This democracy tramples over others' 'human rights' by bombing them! Is that extreme enough, violent enough?
Before anyone accuses me of being a sympathiser of terrorists, I am with Corbyn, I decry and condemn all violence and bombing.

What are you doing about indiscriminate bombing of other countries/people?
Does the UK drop bombs indiscriminately?
And shame you didn't answer the question - what would you do to improve this situation?

These are witness accounts, just some of many. These poor people had been living in fear, every day. As much as I loathe war, how else can these folk be helped escape hell? If there is an alternative, please let me know.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39525749

Last edited by a moderator:
What is corbyn's stance on the IRA cause? As in unifying Ireland? From the press articles he seemed mighty close to them at the time. If he is to be PM, I wonder if a unified Ireland might be on the brexit negotiation table.

From the press articles

yes.

Do you believe them?

What did you think of the unedited version of his interview on Murdoch's Sky News last Sunday? Did he say what the Murdoch press says he said?

The UK is one of 120 countries to have signed the 2008 Ottawa convention on cluster munitions, banning their use or assistance with their use. Saudi Arabia is not a signatory to the treaty. The munitions pose an indiscriminate risk to civilians because they contain dozens of bomblets that can explode long after they are dropped.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...h-cluster-bombs-in-yemen-fallon-tells-commons

British-made cluster bombs are used in Arab countries by other Arab countries that have bought them from Britain.

Humanity and morality are all very well, but business is business, eh?

Britain was attacked with these bombs once, and they remain a danger after 75 years, especially to inquisitive children.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/the-...butterfly-bombs-luftwaffe-cleethorpes-grimsby

I guess 2,000 civilian dead from NATO bombs in Libya alone is small beer compared to the normal level of "collateral damage"!
So yes, the UK does drop bombs indiscriminately because that is the nature of bombs!
And shame you didn't answer the question - what would you do to improve this situation?
I thought my response was indicative of my answer, i.e. if we did not drop bombs on them, they would probably not use bombs against us! Just for starters.
These are witness accounts, just some of many. These poor people had been living in fear, every day. As much as I loathe war, how else can these folk be helped escape hell?
I agree ISIS is a violent organisation. How do you think it came into being? Is the UK any less violent against innocent civilians in far away countries? (For all its stated objectives, e.g. saving lives by dropping bombs! An oxymoron!)
If there is an alternative, please let me know.
I would suggest we stop dropping bombs on them, or making and selling bombs to be dropped!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back