Euros - England vs Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know gambling addicts like that. When you hear them talk, they never ever lose. Funny dat.
One "addict" was my mates FIL, his hobby was visiting every course in the country, he saw betting as a science and it paid for yearly holidays abroad for both his daughters families and their new cars every few years, another was actually a bookie but small time (hound trails, country shows etc) he used to have a serious spree June /July on the flat season, regularly the small bookies out side our works had to delay paying his winnings due to insufficient cash

I have also known the fantasy gamblers but these two were a class apart

Sponsored Links
A friend I met at uni was a manager of one of the big bookies. He gambles on everything and anything, but particularly the horses. Always telling me about his wins but never mentions any losses. When I told him that he laughed and said he never talks about losing. He told me that years ago he started keeping a book but after about 6 months he had to burn it. It was that or give up the gambling.

Sponsored Links
So will all the hypocrite Boo boys now kindly f off and leave the England alone - they don't need your jaundiced support.

Londoner2 is obviously a Jock.

Have you thought about supporting a rugby team?

I chuckled in Jewsons this morning, bloke behind the counter asked the chap in front of me if he watched the football last night, 'no I ******* didn't' he said in a Scottish accent.

A friend I met at uni was a manager of one of the big bookies. He gambles on everything and anything, but particularly the horses. Always telling me about his wins but never mentions any losses. When I told him that he laughed and said he never talks about losing. He told me that years ago he started keeping a book but after about 6 months he had to burn it. It was that or give up the gambling.

It's the thrill of losing that makes it exciting

Priti and Bojo defended the booing and now try to clamber on board - disgusting.

Southgate has shown great leadership and his eloquent defence of taking the knee in the name of decency obvisously was too much for indecent Alex and Priti.

When Johnson gets the boot, his acolyte Prissy will not be far behind.

It was Boris wot won it: Italian conspiracy theory claims England will triumph in Euros because of PM (msn.com)

It wasn’t Harry Kane or Raheem Sterling who helped England beat Denmark with a controversial penalty.

According to a conspiracy theory in Italy, the congratulations should instead go to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Some Italian fans claim that Uefa, the governing body of football in Europe, favours England and is helping them to win the Euro 2020 tournament, because Boris Johnson intervened to block the creation of the proposed Super League, which would have been a rival to UEFA’s Champions League.

The disputed extra time penalty against Denmark was proof that UEFA was on England’s side, said somewho took to social media to claim that England’s victory in the tournament was therefore a foregone conclusion.

The theory was taken up by Gazzetta dello Sport, Italy’s most influential sports newspaper.

The newspaper said: “The very generous penalty, which allowed Southgate’s team to beat Denmark confirms the suspicions about the exchange of favours with Boris Johnson, considered the savior of European football after the attack on the Superleague.”

After Johnson vowed to block English football teams from competing in the new breakaway league, Aleksander Ceferin, the president of UEFA praised the UK government saying he was "impressed by their efficiency”.

One Italy fan tweeted: “England blatantly favoured by uefa and ceferin, They played all the games at home apart from one…they have referees on their side."

Another Twitter user wrote: “England is dangerous not so much for technical reasons, but for other components: they play at home, the referees treat them with kid gloves and Ceferin is on their side after the superleague issue.”

UEFA told The Independent the claims were “utter nonsense”.

You've got to smile. They'd get on well with some of the twelve year olds on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back