Five bins

Those green bins at the top of the age are genuine not staged, look at the moss on the floor.

point taken
does it look like a normal domestic set up to you??
they are showing photos off extremes rather than the normal which is fairly pointless as it dosnt apply to the vast majority
indeed whats the point off showing an overflowing bin in a public space when that has no connection to the domestic waste situation as they describe it

Sponsored Links
There's also the ridiculous situation of household recycling being sorted into the appropriate bags or bins but a block of say forty flats, everything goes into the communal bin.

Having rubbish sitting around for two weeks in the summer can't be a good thing either.

The government is now also planning on stopping the number of bins in the street for new builds, how long until they start on existing ones?

Here - you have to have five bins - and your to store them somewhere yourself.

Then the "fines" start....

BTW, I use the one for garden waste as outside storage :)

To be honest, I suppose it doesn't take a great deal of effort to put different items in different bins.

We do that, but always find that the blue bin (paper - fortnightly) has little in it, the green bin (garden waste - weekly, and twice as big as the others) has little in it unless we've been gardening, the brown bin (tins and glass - monthly!) is usually full, and the black bin (everything else, and the smallest of them all - fortnightly) is crammed full.

I just think our council has got its priorities wrong. It's not just us either; all the black bins I see on collection day are similarly full to overflowing. Fortunately, they seem to be turning a blind eye to half-open lids - for the time being anyway.

And to cap it all, from news reports it appears that much of our collected refuse is still being put into landfill or sent to foreign parts for the same treatment.

Sponsored Links
If you do not fill your bin, only put little in it then several neighbours could share one.

If you do not fill your bin, only put little in it then several neighbours could share one.

Good idea. I could share my neighbour's blue bin (assuming theirs is also almost empty) and then I could paint my blue bin black and hope that the bin men don't notice there's an extra black bin! :cool:

Those green bins at the top of the age are genuine not staged, look at the moss on the floor.

point taken
does it look like a normal domestic set up to you??
they are showing photos off extremes rather than the normal which is fairly pointless as it dosnt apply to the vast majority
indeed whats the point off showing an overflowing bin in a public space when that has no connection to the domestic waste situation as they describe it
Same reason they show a picture of ice falling off the end of a glacier when they do a global warming article. It all comes under the general heading of not letting facts or truth spoil a good story.

I have a combination of domestic and commercial waste. The council insist on a waste transfer licence and orange bags for commercial and a Grey wheelie for general, a Blue for bottles,plastic and glass. When we argued that we didn't need the bags as we re-cycled our waste they threatened us with a large fine. As our council is trying to cut their land fill charges this does'n't make sense. P s the bags(50) and licence cost a hundred and two pounds a year

Why do our so called politicians never stand up to the Eurotwats?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-separate-rubbish-containers.html[/QUOTE]You don't half read some garbage.

Why are people so naive, especially the dumb masses?

Are you saying that because it's in The Mail? We get the Mail every Saturday. That must mean that we are part of the 'dumb masses'.

I don't suppose this matter has been reported anywhere else, has it?

No. Well it must be a typical Mail made-up story!

There seems to be a peculiar tendency for readers of certain newspapers to become unusually defensive about their mighty tomes :confused:

We all know that different papers have different political leanings. So what's the big deal?

Sponsored Links
Back