Germany wants the UK to remain in the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
You spoke to them and saw this obvious desire not to change.
Yes - I was there at the same time you were speaking to them and saw this obvious lack of interest.

Maybe those you didn't or couldn't speak to were people who wanted exit but did not vote because they felt it was already a lost cause to vote for exit
No - the ones I didn't or couldn't speak to were people who wanted to remain but did not vote because they felt that remain winning was a foregone conclusion.

The union of England Scotland and Wales while not totally in harmony does not have major conflicts of interests between the three countries.
1) Try telling that to SNP supporters.
2) You've missed out one of the countries in the UK.

there is no garantee that the EU will remain stable.

is what you said.

With NI and Scotland wanting to remain in the EU, show me your "garantee" of stability for the dUK

Will an independent Bedfordshire try to form an alliance with Cambridgeshire? Or will your parish want to form an independent republic?

Sponsored Links
No - the ones I didn't or couldn't speak to were people who wanted to remain but did not vote because they felt that remain winning was a foregone conclusion.

How dis-appointing for them. Obviously they were misled, ill informed or just plain ignorant.....

MOD: Please do not falsify quotes, or attempt to supply "justifications" for doing so.
FGS - I did not "falsify a quote", and what you call a "justification" was actually an explanation of the fact that what I did was a perfectly standard thing to do

Putting something in square brackets indicates that it is not a verbatim quotation, but is in fact enclosing words intended to clarify meaning, provide a brief explanation etc.

I had assumed that everybody knew that, as it is so incredibly common, and seen all the time.

Looks like this is yet another instance where I am going to be given grief purely and simply because of the ignorance of others. First it was words and phrases, now it's typographical conventions.

What's wrong with you all?

Being tied into a union of countries is OK if that union is stable, but there is no garantee that the EU will remain stable.

We joined the EU in 1973 ( Forty Six Years ago) I reckon that is a fairly stable option considering the Brexiteers want to throw it away and hope the World Trade Organisation will come to our rescue

Some more reasons for leaving the EU would be appreciated

Looks like this is yet another instance where I am going to be given grief purely and simply because of the ignorance of others. First it was words and phrases, now it's typographical conventions.

Quite simply BAS you gave an opinion of what I had written without putting my text in view for other to make their own judgement.

And the words you used in that opinion lacked respect.

FGS - I did not "falsify a quote", and what you call a "justification" was actually an explanation of the fact that what I did was a perfectly standard thing to do

Putting something in square brackets indicates that it is not a verbatim quotation, but is in fact enclosing words intended to clarify meaning, provide a brief explanation etc

As far as I could tell it was completely made up, not just a case of 'not verbatum'.

How can square bracket convention apply in a forum, being as a quote is in a blue box with Bernards name above gives the distinct impression it was something Bernard said.

Some changes of opinion are without doubt due to the "doom and disaster brigade" of remainers and the frequent false news they promote. Several people I know who voted "remain" have now changed their opinion and consider exit the better option.

What false news. I would like to know. Its important we deal with evdence based arguments.

My original post in this thread was passing on comments from a friend in Germany whose son is employed in the office of a EU commision.

By all means argue among yourselves about the matter of UK leaving th EU.

We joined the EU in 1973 ( Forty Six Years ago) I reckon that is a fairly stable option

The EU as it is today did not exist in 1973

From wikipedia as I am too busy to type the same thing in different words

The European Economic Community (EEC) was a regional organisation which aimed to bring about economic integration among its member states. It was created by the Treaty of Rome of 1957.[2] Upon the formation of the European Union (EU) in 1993, the EEC was incorporated and renamed as the European Community (EC). In 2009 the EC's institutions were absorbed into the EU's wider framework and the community ceased to exist.

Quite simply BAS you gave an opinion of what I had written without putting my text in view for other to make their own judgement.

How can square bracket convention apply in a forum, being as a quote is in a blue box with Bernards name above gives the distinct impression it was something Bernard said.
It is extremely easy to check the quote against the original. Just click on the up arrow after the "**** said^"

We've had a couple of real-world examples of "false news" which were deliberate lies circulated by dishonest anti-EU propagandists.

Sad that Bernard lives in a topsy-turvey world where he blames people who are not anti-EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back