How many RGI's here Do their own electical Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the original question - I'm an RGI & I do all my own electrical work.

Could one of you sparkies explain why a 3 pin plug in a non switched socket is a risk?

Also why boiler manu's always tell u to put a 3 amp fuse in the 'plug' when as we all know - the fuse only protects the cable not the appliance. If it were wired on 13A flex then why a 3 amp fuse?

There is more to modern heating controls than the 30 year old S+Y plan. The wiring of an all singing all dancing heating system is infinitely more complex than a bit of 2.5 linked between two points in a domestic dwelling. As to testing - the 2391 that u seem so keen to tell everyone u have is for testing the installation. As all boiler wiring & controls are downstream of the Fused spur then none of them need ELI tests or any of that clap trap. I will test earth continuity to the Fused spur then u can dance about all day testing whatever you want upstraem of that. If I dont move the spur then I haven't touched the installation so it doesn't need notifying either.

Considering u can be a full scope NIC Domestic installer in 10 days I wouldn't shout to much about the majority of new sparkies. Some I have met dont even understand ohms law or fault current.

Oh & MI's always trump BS

Sponsored Links
I thought the gas regs were
No.. MI's are...

Anyway, I need to get back to my wiring diagram... Gotta teach an underling how to do an S-Plan through an RF2 pack 4 tomorrow.

Let us know when you have clarified things with GSR.
wavey.gif

The thought will always be at the back of your minf that YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW every single time you do electrical work, and from this there is no escape Dan!

Sponsored Links
brother in law works in big commercial, done carlsberg here, is in pakistan, south africa, turkey, stuff he has to work with is serious stuff, 4" cable plus someties. yet he has no idea of wiring heating, he could dop it given a drawing as he designs all the factories machines and wiring schedules. yet apparantly hes not competent to work in houses :eek:

As to the original question - I'm an RGI & I do all my own electrical work.

Could one of you sparkies explain why a 3 pin plug in a non switched socket is a risk?

Also why boiler manu's always tell u to put a 3 amp fuse in the 'plug' when as we all know - the fuse only protects the cable not the appliance. If it were wired on 13A flex then why a 3 amp fuse?

There is more to modern heating controls than the 30 year old S+Y plan. The wiring of an all singing all dancing heating system is infinitely more complex than a bit of 2.5 linked between two points in a domestic dwelling. As to testing - the 2391 that u seem so keen to tell everyone u have is for testing the installation. As all boiler wiring & controls are downstream of the Fused spur then none of them need ELI tests or any of that clap trap. I will test earth continuity to the Fused spur then u can dance about all day testing whatever you want upstraem of that. If I dont move the spur then I haven't touched the installation so it doesn't need notifying either.

Considering u can be a full scope NIC Domestic installer in 10 days I wouldn't shout to much about the majority of new sparkies. Some I have met dont even understand ohms law or fault current.

Oh & MI's always trump BS

Im am not here to educate you, all I will say is that you are wrong.

Look, i know why you are all arguing with me, because most of you are self employed and an elecrician who has to be paid will cut into your pockets yes? True, but is something goes wrong, and there is no MWEIC form guess what? The insurance on the house is null and void!

Argue with that?

MI do not superceed BS, companies go bust every day, BS will be around for mmnnnn, a lot longer i think :)

brother in law works in big commercial, done carlsberg here, is in pakistan, south africa, turkey, stuff he has to work with is serious stuff, 4" cable plus someties. yet he has no idea of wiring heating, he could dop it given a drawing as he designs all the factories machines and wiring schedules. yet apparantly hes not competent to work in houses :eek:

Thats right, same as we cant work on cooker ranges in restaurants, or install gas mains, unless we do additional courses, same with the sparking game, there's all differnt nooks and crannies one can go into on a professional level.

Hi just thought I would say hello as just read 10 pages then saw you were talking to your self.

Whos next to argue with me from the CC, whoever will it be I wonder, mnnnnnnn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back