How many RGI's here Do their own electical Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The installation stops at the outlet? There is no need for an MWEIC form.

When a PC has a flex from an outlet to the base unit - then two outlets from the base unit to the screen & UPS unit you dont go notifying the volt police? Its the wrong side of the Plug! If u saw 10 extension leads daisy chained we all know R1R2 are miles out - but hey - its the wrong side of the plug?
There are exceptions to evry rule & if I was fitting in a special location then I would test out the RCD or Fit one and have a butchers at the disconnection times.

U were going to tell me why a 3 pin plug is a health risk when fitted on a boiler?
R U a disgruntled RGI or a sparkie with a chip?

Sponsored Links

When a PC has a flex from an outlet to the base unit - then two outlets from the base unit to the screen & UPS unit you dont go notifying the volt police? Its the wrong side of the Plug! If u saw 10 extension leads daisy chained we all know R1R2 are miles out - but hey - its the wrong side of the plug?
There are exceptions to evry rule & if I was fitting in a special location then I would test out the RCD or Fit one and have a butchers at the disconnection times.

U were going to tell me why a 3 pin plug is a health risk when fitted on a boiler?

Because it contravenes BS7671 simple, just like you!

What readings are you getting on your Zs, IR readings and what are your RCD tripping times and ramp test readings and PSC PFC?

Sponsored Links
Really are you mentally stable dear chap I said hello then get shot down. Oh I forgot you are a sparky you try your hardest to have no friends your kind of the traffic warden of the trade world. Think you need to get a grip with all this to be honest not jumping on anybody's side but makes you seem a little mad, people will do what people do, your doing ok so let it go before you have a heat attack.

R U a disgruntled RGI or a sparkie with a chip?

I noticed you are already editing your post is that because you are worried you may be wrong ecoboy?

Really are you mentally stable dear chap I said hello then get shot down. Oh I forgot you are a sparky you try your hardest to have no friends your kind of the traffic warden of the trade world. Think you need to get a grip with all this to be honest not jumping on anybody's side but makes you seem a little mad, people will do what people do, your doing ok so let it go before you have a heat attack.

Not mad m8, just here to have an opinion, and most people on here (aprt from yourself i detect) are not very well informed of the law sadly :(

What readings are you getting on your Zs, IR readings and what are your RCD tripping times and ramp test readings and PSC PFC?
R U trying to impress me with these supposed difficult & technical questions?

On the odd occasion I might need to check these ( dont do Ramp times) they just are what they are?

A simple one for you - why do YOU thing a 3 pin plug on a boiler is a risk of any sort? Should we inform all the boiler MA's that supply bonded plugs that Vic says they have got it wrong?

On the odd occasion I might need to check these ( dont do Ramp times) they just are what they are?

A simple one for you - why do YOU thing a 3 pin plug on a boiler is a risk of any sort? Should we inform all the boiler MA's that supply bonded plugs that Vic says they have got it wrong?

Hardly technical they are just the basics!!!!!!!!

What are ramp tests, hahahha, get back to google little boy and then argue with me, if you are the best here then god help you all!!

whats all this about an eagle than Vic ? have you got one ?

Geta grip lad, that was funny about an hour ago zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Never read that far back ? saw mention of an Eagle ? so I assumed you had an Eagle !

Lad, seriously you are not funny is the slightest so jog on!

fella a while back said " hope your Eagle gets better " I read it & assumed you had an Eagle , so I asked you if you had an Eagle ?

Whats funny about that ??

whats all this about an eagle than Vic ? have you got one ?

Geta grip lad, that was funny about an hour ago zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Never read that far back ? saw mention of an Eagle ? so I assumed you had an Eagle !

Lad, seriously you are not funny is the slightest so jog on!

fella a while back said " hope your Eagle gets better " I read it & assumed you had an Eagle , so I asked you if you had an Eagle ?

Whats funny about that ??

No you didnt so why lie?

MI tell you to obey BS, why can't people understand this???? They specifically mention BS7671 must be adhered to and yet not one person here appears to be knowlegable of the publication and yet spend nearly 3 hours arguing with me on the very same subject!

No Vic your are wrong again!!
what they tell you to do is obey british standards unless they tell you to do otherwise

why cant you understand that BS standards are not legally binding therefore manufacturers don'thave to adhere to them, they are good practice guides thats all
building regulations are though so we all have to obey them

here's an example from a worcester manual
I have highlighted and commented on parts

1.1 Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998: It is the law
that all gas appliances are installed by a competent person in
accordance with the above regulations. Failure to install appliances
correctly could lead to prosecution. It is in your interest, and that
of safety, to ensure compliance with the law. ...............(regulations)
1.2 The manufacturers notes must not be taken, in any way, as
overriding statutory obligations.

BS 7671 is not (no BS standard is)

1.3 The compliance with a British Standard or European Norm
does not, of itself, confer immunity from legal obligations.
1.4 The installation of the appliance must be in accordance with
the relevant requirements of the Gas Safety Regulations, current
IEE Regulations, Building Regulations, Building Standards
(Scotland) and local water bye-laws.

1.5 The installation should follow the recommendations of the
following British Standards unless otherwise indicated:

then later on

11.5. The connection to the mains must be either: A 3A fused
three-pin plug and unswitched socket outlet,
both complying with
BS1363 or a [/b]double pole isolator[/b] with a contact separation of
3mm in all poles and supplying the appliance and controls only.

I will ask again
what makes you think that a double pole switched socket outlet does not comply?

here is a link to the above manual

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back