Khant's new idea to aid skint TFL

Do you not think reducing emissions is a good thing?
Of course I do but we were all encouraged to buy diesel cars a while back. Rather than saying all non-compliant cars in an area are not allowed so must be sold or scrapped, why not phase it out naturally. Easily done by not allowing any non-compliant cars to be registered from a certain date. At least people could get some value out of the cars that they were encouraged to buy.

Sponsored Links
Must have passed me by, looks like it was continued by subsequent governments according to the DM

Sponsored Links
Despite moaning, complaining and saying they would never raise taxes, raise vat, raise fuel duty, raise thresholds etc etc, do any governments ever rescind the raises of the previous government? Of course they ****ing don't!

Hi
Met an old work chum as we were out. He was crying re the price of diesel. He drives a very old Discovery, not great on MPG, fact
(today at the local BP, a massive 18p difference between the two)

I had to slap him down for being really tedious and told him to buy a for Ka for a few hundred quid, get third party on it
and use it for the daily shop, work runs and still keep his old banger and save loads of money. Guess what, he actually thanked me
and said his brother said something like that but he did not listen to him so thanked me.

All this crying and belating, get on yer bike or public transport as people did in the days before almost every harry had a car and now many feel it's their right, lol

TBH, I was a tad apprehensive but as he carried on and on re the price of diesel he got very tedious and I felt needed a slap down. I was careful re-delivery of the slap down and it worked!!

So if you can't afford the price of fuel, walk, cycle it, but a cheap smaller car, use public transport and/or consider moving nearer to work/school/parents etc etc. You have a choice, don't bury your ed in a dark place as driving oten has a choice and you can always cut back. Re gas and electric at home, there is less choice as most will want hot foot, hot bath/shower and watch tv after a hard days work

Mr Khan is not my type of guy but he is doing right for those that use TFL. We don't on the whole other than having a night out in the city centre but I cann see he has done well for bus passengers

Thanks

:) :)

For the record, I'm no fan of any politician and ready to slap them down given half the chance but credit where credit is due to this fine man.

Many just dislike him because of his skin colour and religion and I've met a few IRL. He is no better nor worse than Boris or most other politicians and that is another fact!!
You keep saying it’s because of religion or skin colour, but many dislike him for a multitude of other reasons that have nothing to do with racism.

You keep saying it’s because of religion or skin colour, but many dislike him for a multitude of other reasons that have nothing to do with racism.

Where did I say, everyone or you??? Do you not understand the definition of SOME!!

FYI bud, I did not mention what you refer to first, someone else got there before me.

There are a lot of racists about and that is a fact. I've met many, many people via work and I've met all types.

Why does mr Khan have an armoured car and armed bodyguards 24/7?

However the "unbiased' Mail neglects to say that The Mayor did not choose his route or means of transport.
It would have been dictated by the security force.
His local park may well have been assessed as being either too risky, or too hard to protect.

Indeed a fact some choose to ignore or more a fact of being ignorant of the nature of close, armed protection officers. Officers risk assess 24/7 and some are at greater risk than others at certain times, fact!!

Last edited:
However the "unbiased' Mail neglects to say that The Mayor did not choose his route or means of transport.
It would have been dictated by the security force.
His local park may well have been assessed as being either too risky, or too hard to protect.
Indeed a fact some choose to ignore or more a fact of being ignorant of the nature of close, armed protection officers.

IIRC, Boris used to cycle to work, unchaperoned, when he was Mayor and Ken Livingstone used to go by tube. :whistle:

unchaperoned

not exactly

he was followed by a limo carrying his briefcase and his sandwiches.

and probably a clean pair of pants in case he needed an IT lesson or something.

the Livingstone bike was just a publicity ploy.

Sponsored Links
Back