Landlord gas safety checks...need for flame failure cut off

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't be the first time the info is incomplete Kev. Seen plenty of places that looked suspiciously as if the cp12 had been done in about 4 minutes flat.
Replaced a boiler last year in a rental place where the flue had not been sealed to the fabric; distance between flue and opening in wall 1 mm, and happily passed on the lgsc.

The fire is aged --but good--it has not been modified and was made when FFD's were not part of any spec. the guy only mentioned the FFD when he gave his reason for cutting it off and capping the feed. I appreciate the info and find the discussion illuminating...hope others do too. :)

Sponsored Links
If the fire did not come with any FSD/OSD/ASD or whatever safety device. as long as it it not in a bedroom or "living space" by this you have a bed there that u sleep in even if it is tempory, along with no evidence of spillage after testing then the fire is safe. It may be NTCS

if any of the above is different then it would in fact be ID.

I would have to check my unsafe sits book to be 100% sure but im 99% sure that the above is correct

here's the rub..(bear in mind this has been fine for several years)
SAFETY DEVICE =NO
he has said NO or FAIL on all other sections but I know he hasn't tested for updraught or spillage...FLUE VISUAL he has failed!! but he wasn't there long enough to have a cup of tea let alone take the fire away from the fireplace!.
I believe he has failed on the FFD and ticked all negative responses to justify his time. I shall follow this up with him (diplomatically) when I return from France on 20th. Thanks for all the input. dont be surprised if I cant respond between now and then. :D

before I go to Frogland, (I love them really)...what is OSD /ASD / NTCS /ID ta

before I go to Frogland, (I love them really)...what is OSD /ASD / NTCS /ID ta

OSD not sure what this actually means but i believe just another name for ASD/FFD Etc.
ASD atmospheric sensing device = similar to an FFD or FSD supervision devices that sense the flame, if it drifts or goes out the device cuts off the gas
NTS or NTCS not to current standard = advisory only no action required
AR at risk means the appliance is considered to be potentially dangerous but not immediately
ID immediately dangerous = risk to life if left connected

Mowerv . You want to register your compliant with the company about the guy asap so that when you return the say its been too long etcetc

if any of the above is different then it would in fact be ID.

I would have to check my unsafe sits book to be 100% sure but im 99% sure that the above is correct

Might just need to check through that book with regards to bedrooms or rooms used as bedrooms (ncs / AR) ;)

to be honest i think the op is a troll still not got the make of fire,
have to agree with other posts in that we cant id for no ffd unless it has been tampererd with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back