Lots of posts locking going on again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like someone's got a new job. Just as well it's not quite a police state we live in. I thought this level of censoring was common in China, didn't realise we had imported that too.

Sponsored Links
I think it's more the timing with the recent locked posts rather than blanket censorship.

As headline news becomes forgotten perhaps the mods will be more lenient?

Who moderates the moderators.
Not only have they for some unknown reason locked a post on a subject, which I and others felt worthy of airing, but now they have locked a post which questions their actions.
OK one post maybe went a bit to far on the subject, and I don't mean Sparky Jim, but why punish everybody.
I suppose now that this will get locked for daring to question their actions.

Mod 7 said " The post was locked as it served no useful purpose I presume!"

Well you'd better lock them all then as none of them serve any useful purpose.

Sponsored Links
unfortunatly I am partly responsible for the locking of the main thread. I found some comments made by a certain member to be extremely offensive given the age we live in, previous posts by that member and the recent tragedy in Liverpool.

I expected the posts in question to be edited or removed as it was only two posts in what was generally a good thread.

I would like to apologise to all for my part in this, but I can assure you all it was not my intention to cause the loss of the entire thread, that is regrettable.

Moderators, is it possible to unlock that thread and simply edit out the offensive comments, this solution would keep everyone happy and allow the thread discussion to proceed. Obviously if it iterates into a slanging match action would be required, but at least give the members a chance to prove they can discuss an emotive subject without childishness. Two posts a thread does not make.

Jim, this locking has been going on for years, there's spates of it, we complain (oops, express our considered views on the matter) and it stops for a bit. The problem as I understand it is the "Alert Moderators" button sends info to Admin, not Moderators.

Posts have been locked/deleted for less than this. It just shows how risky it is to give people power.

Having said that, the owners of the site can set any rules they like, and adjust them at will to ensure plonks like us keep posting so people keep reading and occasionally glancing at the adverts.

oh get over it, its only a bloody post on an internet forum, the chinese arent really coming you know! :rolleyes:

Moderator 5 said:
On the Shot Biker thread, some of the offensive posts had already been removed, and I have removed the worst recent posts which serve no useful purpose and insult or abuse other members.

Will you please ALL express your opinions without insulting or belittling other members.

I have unlocked it again now

Rupert

Thank you for the reply Rupert, but actually I was discussing the "Problems with Society Thread" and would appreciate that in future you read what everyone is talking about to avoid confusion.

Moderator 3,

Happy now?

Deleted the rest of your post as it was pointless :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back