more brexit

Sponsored Links
If free movement ends then there could be up to 1.2 million UK people in EU that might be obliged to return to UK.
In addition there are about 60,000 UK citizens each year that will not be allowed to move to other EU countries.

So what is wrong with applying for nationality of their chosen country? Are you saying that can't be done?

You mean the dish of the day? The latest statement by the beleaguered TM? U-turn Theresa? Hilarious.

She will be replaced soon as will all the Tory Brexit promises. Hopeless, chaotic bunch of tossers.

be that as it may noseall. I reported what was on the bbc radio 4 prog'

take it or leave it ,personally I do not give a ***s :)

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-back-control-immigration-eu-directive-brexit

What I have been saying. Its time all the Brexiters wrote into their MPs.

Concern over immigration was one of the most important factors for those who voted for Brexit, yet we already have the power to take back control of the free movement of EU citizens to the UK – we just aren’t using it.

We can deport people after 3 months if they cannot support themselves.

The only conclusion is that this issue was used to take the UK out of the EU so they can implement more regressive policies.

Sponsored Links
Because the powers that be wanted cheap labour and companies even advertised in Eastern Europe for that labour.

Also, here, to get residence, I had to state that I could support myself - retired with pension.
I am not sure of the intricacies of the system but I am sure that if of working age with no money I would not be allowed to stay if I did not get - or possibly already have - a job. Medical services depend on those offered in your country of origin.

I doubt you can just enter Europe and expect the State to support you for ever.
If Britain does do that then it is its own fault.

Obviously this does not affect immigrants to Britain who work and pay taxes but then that is unlikely to change after brexit, is it?
Europeans (as with the rest of the world) with jobs to go to won't be prohibited, will they?

Less attractive since the referendum of course because their wages have reduced by 20%.

depends who u listen to

corbyn on the Andrew marr show stated that in future after brexit any jobs must be offerd to uk residents first , and eu nationals would only be allowed in if they already had employment sorted or would only be allowed in on a needs must basis.

It's actually a 2 fold problem. We encourage immigration because of our generaous benefits system, but the EU insists that as (unlike Germany where you have to pay in before you can get anything out) everyone - native born or immigrant - has the right to receive universal benefits. Someone in the EU did say that we draw foreigners because of our benefits system, but I'm still suprised as to why they insist we carry on paying them to all and sundry, when there should be a degree of support from the EU to help us manage the situation better.
It is a simple straightforward unitary problem. The EU rules state that all EU citizens are entitled to the same benefits, afforded by whatever nation they are in. There can be no benefits solution for the indigenous, and a different solution for other EU citizens.
Because UK offers generous benefits to its indigenous citizens, they must, according to EU rules offer the same benefits to other Eu citizens in UK.
Other member states respect the rule, but they have different benefit rules for indigenous citizens, such as, as doggit mentioned, Germany insists on some paying in before benefits are payable.
The same EU rules apply to all member states.

However the benefits paid to EU citizens is blown up out of all reality, by typical RWR, to whip up anti-foreigner sentiment.
For instance, Germany has something like a 3 month limit on payment of job-seekers allowance, which is applied to all those that qualify, German or other EU citizens in Germany.

Are they the ones that fill the jobs we don't want, pay tax here and spend money here? Those will have a ticket to stay, surely?
As will the majority of the 1.2million British nationals living and working in the EU. Or are you suggesting that there won't be a reciprocal agreement? Ahh, you are aren't you.. Yep let's leave the EU then agree that 2.9 million of them can live here, just as long as we take back 1.2million of ours.. Yep that'll work. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-back-control-immigration-eu-directive-brexit

What I have been saying. Its time all the Brexiters wrote into their MPs.

Concern over immigration was one of the most important factors for those who voted for Brexit, yet we already have the power to take back control of the free movement of EU citizens to the UK – we just aren’t using it.

We can deport people after 3 months if they cannot support themselves.

The only conclusion is that this issue was used to take the UK out of the EU so they can implement more regressive policies.
The problem is one of the UK's own making.
In your link (an excellent one at that!) "we already have the power to take back control of the free movement of EU citizens to the UK – we just aren’t using it. "
It is actually a little more complicated than a simple "we aren't using it", we cannot! Because the system was dismantled many years ago that would allow us to use a system to repatriate those EU citizens that do not meet the requirements for remaining in UK.
So in reality, the "Brexit" argument has been built on the UK's inability to maintain and operate a system!
"We lost control over our borders almost two decades ago. In 1998, Tony Blair removed exit checks. Nobody checks your passport once you have gone through security at an airport, as they do in virtually every other country in the world. As a result, we have no robust way of knowing exactly who has left this country. The government cannot even provide figures for illegal immigrants in the UK who are not detained to the nearest quarter of a million.
The government reintroduced exit checks in 2015 – but these fall well short of the physical, visible checks after security, which are airport-enforced. And the government refuses to release any statistics from these checks for one reason: they would demolish the anti-immigration stance taken by this government, the prime minister and the home secretary."

:eek: how dare u noseall.

speak to me like that & I will bung u on ignore ;) U have had your warning Noseall ;)
Being on **** end's ignore list gives you special status, o_O he reads and digests (as much as he is able, then still misunderstands :whistle:) your comments in priority over others. :LOL:
Being on his ignore list means he responds to each and every one of your comments. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As will the majority of the 1.2million British nationals living and working in the EU. Or are you suggesting that there won't be a reciprocal agreement? Ahh, you are aren't you.. Yep let's leave the EU then agree that 2.9 million of them can live here, just as long as we take back 1.2million of ours.. Yep that'll work. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The majority of EU nationals in UK are working and paying taxes, etc.
The majority of UK nationals in EU are retired and reliant on UK pensions, winter fuel allowance and NHS paying for medical treatments.
Even allowing for UK citizens of working age returning to UK will result in a skills mismatch.

Aha

Way har b the ignored member has made a comment ?????? is it about your therapist :idea:

I know bit of a shock to have been told for years that size does not matter :LOL: and then to find out that it does :LOL: & the missis has been faking for years:LOL:

you will just have to deal with it way har b :LOL: the clue may have been in the rabbit your missis has had for years :LOL::LOL::LOL: (u did not know :eek:)

have a word with yer GP they may be able to help ??

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back