more brexit

Do you mean they will implement the restrictions that they could do now if they wanted, or

you won't be able to go to Europe for a holiday, or

you will have to stand still.

:rolleyes::) very good ,leaving aside the standing still comment (point taken :))

as I under stand it the current freedom of movement for EU nationals coming to the U.K will end in 2019 & there will be no transitional arrangement or lead in period for 2 or 3 years as was suggested by some in government ??

Sponsored Links
Do you mean they will implement the restrictions that they could do now if they wanted, or
you won't be able to go to Europe for a holiday, or
you will have to stand still.

as I under stand it the current freedom of movement for EU nationals coming to the U.K will end in 2019 & there will be no transitional arrangement or lead in period for 2 or 3 years as was suggested by some in government ??
If free movement ends then there could be up to 1.2 million UK people in EU that might be obliged to return to UK.
In addition there are about 60,000 UK citizens each year that will not be allowed to move to other EU countries.

2016 figures: immigration = 588,000 and emigration = 339,000. 2016 net migration = 248,000.
This could mean that 2019 might see an immigration figure of about 1.5 million, and a reduction of about 60,000 from the emigration figure.
The 60,000 reduction in emigration will be a year-on-year figure.

:rolleyes: say what way har b himagain :LOL:

The question is should I take wa har b off of ignore :?: what a conundrum Hmmm I know I will toss a coin

heads wa har b stays on ignore

Tails I take wa har b off of ignore.

right I am tossing the coin now & its er tails :eek: blimey . no hang on a minute I meant the best of three .yep best of three ;)

O.K wa har b I am tossing the coin now & its heads . tossing it again & its er tails :eek: blimey.

no hang on I said best of three but I actually meant best of five :sneaky::sneaky:

tossing coin again wa har b and its heads , final toss & its er ??? heads again. so that's it wa har b u are still on ignore :LOL:

all the above was bit like an EU referendum / vote , keep going till u get the answer u want :LOL:

Yes, I knew what you meant.

The point is - any problem with immigration from the EU, if there is one, is of Britain's own making, not the EU's.

There is no EU right to go to Britain and live on benefit.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I knew what you meant.

The point is - any problem with immigration from the EU, if there is one, is of Britain's own making, not the EU's.

There is no EU right to go to Britain and live on benefit.

how so ? of our own making ?

It's actually a 2 fold problem. We encourage immigration because of our generaous benefits system, but the EU insists that as (unlike Germany where you have to pay in before you can get anything out) everyone - native born or immigrant - has the right to receive universal benefits. Someone in the EU did say that we draw foreigners because of our benefits system, but I'm still suprised as to why they insist we carry on paying them to all and sundry, when there should be a degree of support from the EU to help us manage the situation better.

If free movement ends then there could be up to 1.2 million UK people in EU that might be obliged to return to UK.

More than offset by the approx. 2.9 million EU nationals who will be obliged to return back where they came from.

More than offset by the approx. 2.9 million EU nationals who will be obliged to return back where they came from.
Are they the ones that fill the jobs we don't want, pay tax here and spend money here? Those will have a ticket to stay, surely?

Are they the ones that fill the jobs we don't want, pay tax here and spend money here? Those will have a ticket to stay, surely?

yes as I under stand it if they have been here X amount of years (5 ???) they have the right to remain & claim all benefits that they are entitled to

nhs treatment, finacial support etc etc

You mean the dish of the day? The latest statement by the beleaguered TM? U-turn Theresa? Hilarious.

She will be replaced soon as will all the Tory Brexit promises. Hopeless, chaotic bunch of tossers.

how so ? of our own making ?
Because the powers that be wanted cheap labour and companies even advertised in Eastern Europe for that labour.

Also, here, to get residence, I had to state that I could support myself - retired with pension.
I am not sure of the intricacies of the system but I am sure that if of working age with no money I would not be allowed to stay if I did not get - or possibly already have - a job. Medical services depend on those offered in your country of origin.

I doubt you can just enter Europe and expect the State to support you for ever.
If Britain does do that then it is its own fault.

Obviously this does not affect immigrants to Britain who work and pay taxes but then that is unlikely to change after brexit, is it?
Europeans (as with the rest of the world) with jobs to go to won't be prohibited, will they?

Less attractive since the referendum of course because their wages have reduced by 20%.

"Affronting everything discretion men now own did. Still round match we to. Frankness pronounce daughters remainder extensive has but"
It makes more sense than your average post.

That's the most sense that you have ever made, duck

Sponsored Links
Back