More from the Global shlorming front

Sponsored Links
Interesting article.

I was amused to hear a member of the Question Time audience last week claiming that 'global warming means that severe winters will become more common'.

There's obviously no need for common sense to be an obstacle to having it both ways.

Interesting article.

I was amused to hear a member of the Question Time audience last week claiming that 'global warming means that severe winters will become more common'.

There's obviously no need for common sense to be an obstacle to having it both ways.

The theory is that warming will lead to polar caps melting which will cool the oceans which will cool the airflow over them which will cause increased precipitation of cooled air, which will lead to - er - snow!!

I thought it was something to do with the melting ice somehow stopping the circulation of the gulfstream. In which case we end up like Siberia.......or Scotland.

Sponsored Links
Interesting article.

Fact.
The reason for the European climate being mild compared to similar latitudes is due to the Gulf Stream merging with the North Atlantic current then flowing up the Norwegian coast. This in effect keeps Europe about 10 °C warmer in winter than comparable latitudes.

Now apply a bit of common sense and work out what will happen to the UK climate if the Gulf Stream is compromised.

Interesting article.

The theory is that warming will lead to polar caps melting which will cool the oceans which will cool the airflow over them which will cause increased precipitation of cooled air, which will lead to - er - snow!!

It could be argued that the clean air act has contributed to global warming, fewer particulates in the atmosphere to shield the rays melting the ice caps.

Wotan

This is all total ballcox ... What we need is a larger carbon footprint to burn a hole in the ozone layer and let some f***ing sunshine in.

That's easy enough to work out innit :LOL:

MW

This is all total ballcox ... What we need is a larger carbon footprint to burn a hole in the ozone layer and let some f***ing sunshine in.

That's easy enough to work out innit :LOL:

MW

NO!

cabon has nothing to do with the dimminished ozone layers, thats to do with CFC's.

taking in to account that generally the various layers are self repairing, most of the green lobby rhetoric is total carp.

to burn a fossile fuel most efficiently, you need the highest CO2 figure without creating CO.

taking Mr M's point, burning coal or the lack of it does contribute to global warming ;)

Well I think everyone should be given a can of Ozone, which we can all use to replenish the layer...... :mrgreen:

O4 isnt nice, NO combined with sunlight creates NO4.

it burns your lung man :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back