New brexit postage stamps

And still quitters like gasbag are constantly whining and moaning.

Sponsored Links
Yet another moaning thread from the anti-EU moaners.

The quitters never stop whining.

The ship wont sink unless almost half the voting population put their feet up, stick their head in the guardian and blame all their failings and hardships on brexit.

Sponsored Links
The ship wont sink unless almost half the voting population put their feet up, stick their head in the guardian and blame all their failings and hardships on brexit.
And you really believe that? How do you think someone like me - a hard working builder with a wife and two sprogs and a business to run, will react if things turn difficult after Brexit?

So far your business should have benefited.
Post-Brexit border checks 'may triple queues' to port
Longer vehicle checks at the UK border post-Brexit would lead to motorway tailbacks up to 29 miles long
This would leave drivers waiting almost five hours on the route.
upload_2018-3-12_10-12-12.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-43318258

So far your business should have benefited.
Philip Hammond mentioned on TV yesterday that nearly half of UK's manufacturing exports to EU are component parts going on for further finishing.
This cannot simply be replaced by finding alternative markets.
When one is manufacturing parts for other finished goods, it is evidently not possible to find alternative markets for those goods.
Sure one can re-tool, change machines, reorganise, but that all takes time and more importantly, investment.
Who would want to invest in a country that a) shoots itself in the foot, and b) has not yet found alternative markets, and c) does not yet know what machines/tools are required because they do not yet know what they will be manufacturing.

Last edited:
Philip Hammond mentioned on TV yesterday that nearly half of UK's manufacturing exports to EU are component parts going on for further finishing.
This cannot simply be replaced by finding alternative markets.
When one is manufacturing parts for other finished goods, it is evidently not possible to find alternative markets for those goods.
Sure one can re-tool, change machines, reorganise, but that all takes time and more importantly, investment.
Who would want to invest in a country that a) shoots itself in the foot, and b) has not yet found alternative markets, and c) does not yet know what machines/tools are required because they do not yet know what they will be manufacturing.
Isn't really relevant to:
...someone like me - a hard working builder with a wife and two sprogs and a business to run..

From what?
- Weaker £ reduces your EU counterparts ability/desire to compete: i.e. Polsky-build can't say, I'll do it for less than Noseall-build and my guys work is better quality.
- Increase in planning applications since brexit vote.
- Interest rates held low, due to future uncertainty making low cost borrowing to build still viable.
- London property growth slow down, is driving values up elsewhere.

Some material costs might have increased, but you should be a net benefiter

- Weaker £ reduces your EU counterparts ability/desire to compete: i.e. Polsky-build can't say, I'll do it for less than Noseall-build and my guys work is better quality.
- Interest rates held low, due to future uncertainty making low cost borrowing to build still viable.

The UK economy is not built on construction (pun intended ;) )

All the above happened irrespective of Brexit apart from the weak pound. The construction industry is currently not benefitting from the Brexit decision and is likely to suffer the same as all the other industries if we do sever all ties with Europe.

All the above happened irrespective of Brexit apart from the weak pound. The construction industry is currently not benefitting from the Brexit decision and is likely to suffer the same as all the other industries if we do sever all ties with Europe.
It could be argued that Brexit will cause a deficit of available labour/skills therefore increasing construction costs, and/or reducing construction demand.

It could be argued that Brexit will cause a deficit of available labour/skills therefore increasing construction costs, and/or reducing construction demand.
How is that bad for Noseall-build ltd? As we know skills that are in short supply tend to go down in value, don't they?... NOT.
Fast forward 5-6 years, I think the small time builder who does half a dozen 50-150k jobs a year will find himself in a similar situation as the road transport companies who have been hit massively by the influx of cheaper firms, not based in the UK. With a strong £, Polski-build would have eaten your business alive. Round my way all the builders were being undercut by Eastern EU outfits. Granted these guys wont win a contract to build a hospital, but that doesn't sound like the building firm you own/run?

Sponsored Links
Back