Oh no School have phoned!!!

Sponsored Links
Cheers Noz will look at them!!

CRB, I currently hold 12 of these!!! including Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire.

It is a Catholic School so Payment is a swear word, however, will have a flyer placed in every school bag and a an advert in the next letter home, wealthy parents so should pick up some work out of it.

BAS they are from Year 1 to Year 6 if we are talking 'Americanised' numbering system.

The kids are aged from 4 years upto 10, no idea how many year groups they want me to gas to.

Would love to do the wind up Meggar but don't have one and don't know anyone withone :))

First time i will have been back into main stream schooling since i quit as ass. head. not missed it a bit

I'd have thought that a Piezo igniter off a gas fire or oven would be better that a Megger... see how long a line of kids you can get to hold hands before it doesn't hurt?!

although I'm sure that H&S would put paid to that idea :rolleyes:

If you go have a look here they even have lesson plans!
http://www.switchedonkids.org.uk/pt_teachers.html

I'd have thought that a Piezo igniter off a gas fire or oven would be better that a Megger... see how long a line of kids you can get to hold hands before it doesn't hurt?!

although I'm sure that H&S would put paid to that idea :rolleyes:

If you go have a look here they even have lesson plans!
http://www.switchedonkids.org.uk/pt_teachers.html[/QUOTE]
did a similar thing with a van der graff at school. One student stood on a polystyrene block and charged themselves up. Long chain of kids round the room, last one with their finger on the tap. Isolated kid touched the first in the chain. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
4 year olds are only just getting into basic arithmetic. The brighter ones will have got addition and subtraction, but most will be learning their times tables and not yet really grasped what multiplication and division is. There's no way that any of the "maths" associated with electricity will be of use to them.

did a similar thing with a van der graff at school. One student stood on a polystyrene block and charged themselves up. Long chain of kids round the room, last one with their finger on the tap. Isolated kid touched the first in the chain. :LOL:
It's quite spectacular to see a physics teacher reach out to grab hold of a seriously charged up VDG which he knew wasn't charged up when he'd had to leave the room 10 minutes earlier to take an important phone call....

I would have thought at 4+ you will send most of them to sleep or frighten the living daylights out of them from some of the suggestions put forward, around here you would be lucky if they could count at that age so I think I would stick to something simple like how the voltage of batteries connected in series add up or multiply for different appliances (torches, telephones, radios etc) But you really need some guidelines about how long you have to speak for & how advanced they are as has already been suggested by others.

CRB, I currently hold 12 of these!!! including Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire.
Another ridiculous piece of red tape - why does anyone need multiple pieces of paper which say the same thing?
Heard of one where a headteacher wasn't allowed to be a stand in lollypop person outside their own school as they didn't hold a CRB check for it. :mad:

Another ridiculous piece of red tape - why does anyone need multiple pieces of paper which say the same thing?
Heard of one where a headteacher wasn't allowed to be a stand in lollypop person outside their own school as they didn't hold a CRB check for it. :mad:
Although I agree the system seems stupid I do appreciate that things can change very quickly.
The really stupid thing though was a person applied for 5 jobs when a new school opened a couple of years ago. All 5 aplications were processed by the same team and yes 5 CRB's had to be done as she got onto all 5 shortlists.

If these pupils are 4 years old I think you will struggle to hold their interest with anything electrical. Chat with the teacher to find out if there may be any ideas from them. However if they are year 4 pupils, that may be a whole different ball game.

Please let us know the outcome.

My daughters school have phoned today, they are 'doing' electricity in 2 weeks, they want me to do some 'maths & electricity' with the kids.

Problem is they are 4+

Now I have thought of measuring resistence of equal x section and varying lengths

And equal lengths and varying x sections

Has anyone got any other ideas.

Didn't think i would end up 'teaching' again

I'm guessing this same school teaches sex education to these same 4+ year old. :eek:

Me thinks they would be better of teaching them to spell words like resistance. :rolleyes:

My daughter is in year 5 (10 years old) and has not lond "done electricity", they went to an ICT place where they made a simple circuit.. (lamp, battery & paperclip) as in the teachers notes on that link I posted..

,, but I really don't know what you'd teach a 4 year old :rolleyes:

My daughter is in year 5 (10 years old) and has not lond "done electricity", they went to an ICT place where they made a simple circuit.. (lamp, battery & paperclip) as in the teachers notes on that link I posted..

,, but I really don't know what you'd teach a 4 year old :rolleyes:

Well, I think I was doing torch bulbs and lego lighting sets not much above 5. And I knew I needed 3 x 1.5v batteries to make a 4.5v lego motor work!

Perhaps best to ask the teacher what the kids are doing in maths at the moment, and then find an electrical application of that. Personally I think It'd try some simple logic circuits with series/parallel switches and get them to guess whether the light will come on or not.

I don't supposed frogs' legs to demonstrate galavanism are allowed any more

I'm guessing this same school teaches sex education to these same 4+ year old. :eek:

Me thinks they would be better of teaching them to spell words like resistance. :rolleyes:

Surely resistance only applies in catholic schools, elsewhere they would be taught contraception :LOL:

Only kidding back JML!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back