One million young people unemployed....

Genetically they are the same kids that fought in WW1 and WW2 - to say they are all sh*t is an insult to your kids.

I don't think anyone is saying that its ALL kids ..... but there's no doubt that we do have a proportion of the kids that are just as kevindgas described.
They wouldn't walk half a mile to find a job ..... let alone leave their home and country of birth to so.
What I don't understand is when you have 'immigrants' who do not have clear understanding of our language working in the local shops and supermarkets, surely they have 'british' applicants for the job too ..... the pay would be the same for both ..... on what basis do they select a new employee ?
Regarding hopelessness ...... life is not all about doom and gloom ...... kids should be encouraged to have a positive attitude to life, about 'giving' to society not just 'taking'.

PS wotan you grammar is right off....you did comment about big-all :)

Sponsored Links
Yours is as bad Susie - look at the line of full stops. :mrgreen:

What I don't understand is when you have 'immigrants' who do not have clear understanding of our language working in the local shops and supermarkets, surely they have 'british' applicants for the job too ..... the pay would be the same for both ..... on what basis do they select a new employee ?

A better work ethic perhaps?

Sponsored Links
Limit the amount of hours worked, 35 hours max/4 day week, then everyone can have a job.
Make a law stating that 90% of any firms workforce must be a Brit. This will create a 'waiting list' for migrants seeking work, and thus discourage immigration.

Seems a fair solution. Obviously these methods will not sit well with the 'line em up and shoot them' brigade. You know who you are ;)

Limit the amount of hours worked, 35 hours max/4 day week, then everyone can have a job.
Make a law stating that 90% of any firms workforce must be a Brit. This will create a 'waiting list' for migrants seeking work, and thus discourage immigration.

Seems a fair solution. Obviously these methods will not sit well with the 'line em up and shoot them' brigade. You know who you are ;)

I would LOVE to work four days a week. But for that to be viable I would also have to put up with less money which needless to say, I would not love.

But with a huge chunk of the jobless problem solved, the government will have to pay out less in benefits, and gain valuable extra income tax to boot.

They could then relieve the financial costs of running a business, so your company could afford to pay you more to compensate your loss of hours.

Plus it will help bring down the cost of goods and services so you wouldn't need quite as much income to live to the same standard.

Why does a government that voted for the introduction of laws to prohibit Age Discrimination, spend so much time and money collating figures to inform the nation how many 'YOUNG' people are unemployed in this country? Call me old fashioned (pun intended), but that emphasis of

One million YOUNG people unemployed....

proves that the 'important' unemployed are the 'young'. What greater endorsement of Age Discrimination is there than a governmental one?

When I worked for our local council (5 yrs ago) the apprentices, (our dept had them for the first year) most had to have tutors from the local college to get their numeracy and literacy up to an acceptable standard. Such is the decline in education these days. Loads of kids leaving school with next to no qualifications. If they can't be @rsed to study at school, what chance do they have in industry/ a working environment?
I agree with the comments about parents too., seems to me that the parents cant be @rsed about their precious spawn.

I have said it before and ill say it again. Recruitment agencies.

I know many people wanting and willing to work but are unwilling to work through them.

As more and more jobs going are through these ilk then you can count on it that more of these jobs WILL be filled by migrants.

Attitude of all is , couldnt give a toss if thats the way it is and its just business...

On a lighter note for any employer's lurking around this site, did it ever cross your mind to ask a future employee to somehow sign a written contract that basically says, if yer no good yer will be shown the door without hesitation and with no unfortunate comebacks to the emplyer?

Anyway if you aint heard it yet apperently we British will all be moving up again in the social ladder of the world as the plan is to build our future economy mainly on the service industry!

I have said it before and ill say it again. Recruitment agencies.

I know many people wanting and willing to work but are unwilling to work through them.

As more and more jobs going are through these ilk then you can count on it that more of these jobs WILL be filled by migrants.

Attitude of all is , couldnt give a toss if thats the way it is and its just business...
If 'more and more jobs' ARE going through Recruitment Agencies, and as you state, 'many people want and willing to work are unwilling to work through them', how/why are more jobs going to Recruitment Agencies? If people aren't willing to go through a recruitment agency then the recruitment agency will fail to provide employers with what they require... suitable candidates. Thus the recruitment agency will fail and the 'recruitment' will go to local papers, Job Centres etc.

On a lighter note for any employer's lurking around this site, did it ever cross your mind to ask a future employee to somehow sign a written contract that basically says, if yer no good yer will be shown the door without hesitation and with no unfortunate comebacks to the emplyer?
There is a 'contract' that allows for such a scenario, it's called a 'Probation Period' and most employers already use probationary periods. Probationary periods can last for weeks, months and in some cases, years. The Police force operate a 2 year probationary period. That period can be extended at the employers discretion to allow for further training where needed. Any employer can operate a recruitment policy with a probationary period. Indeed, any employer not operating such a policy is, in my opinion, a bleeding idiot.

to answer your qestion is simple.#

The very same reason as to why we (ordinary folk) aint getting a say in the eu circumstances.
d'ya dig me god :)

police force?...
Not exactly an ordinary job now is it :S

to answer your qestion is simple.#

The very same reason as to why we (ordinary folk) aint getting a say in the eu circumstances.
d'ya dig me god :)
No, I don't 'dig' you. What on earth does that answer actually mean?

police force?...
Not exactly an ordinary job now is it :S
That was an 'extreme' example of a probationary period. However, you'll find, if you actually bother to research before you decide to tar all employers with the same brush...
for any employer's lurking around this site, did it ever cross your mind to ask a future employee to somehow sign a written contract that basically says, if yer no good yer will be shown the door without hesitation and with no unfortunate comebacks to the emplyer?
...that most employers operate a probationary period. It ain't rocket science.

Must admit WestmidsChippy is spot on with the comment about agencies. Last company I worked for, I was in charge of labour on the site I was working at. I was told to hire agency staff on a regular basis. For a good joiner, they were charging around £30 an hour, but the joiner was lucky to see £10 an hour of this. Over 3 yrs, I ended up subcontracting the work to joiners directly. Paid them anywhere between £18 -£22 per hour and saved the company a fortune. Put it this way, if I subbed a joiner at £20 an hour and he worked 40 hrs, I'd saved the company £400 versus the agency rates.
Basic labourers cost around £13 an hour from the agency and these labourers were only paid the minimum wage at the time £5.73p -£5.80p.
Not a bad profit for the agencies, considering that their workers had to make their own way to and from site.
Last year whilst unemployed, I worked for a couple of agencies (all legal and above board), but their rates of pay were ridiculous. Often they'd phone up offering 3 months work, only to find out on the first morning it was only a few days work. Phone them up and ask why they said it was a few months and the excuses were usually "Well we're expecting more work from them." or "Ahh but there's more work coming in on another job tomorrow." What's that old saying?? Tomorrow never comes. ;) ;)
Went to an interview for a job through an agency. They'd told me it was £12 an hour and the work was for 3 months. Got there and the interviewer told me the job was for One Week (to cover an employees holiday) and the rate of pay would be £6.50p an hour. :eek:

FFS these agencies always seem to tell lies to get people on their books :eek:

Genetically they are the same kids that fought in WW1 and WW2 - to say they are all sh*t is an insult to your kids.

I don't think anyone is saying that its ALL kids ..... but there's no doubt that we do have a proportion of the kids that are just as kevindgas described.
They wouldn't walk half a mile to find a job ..... let alone leave their home and country of birth to so.
Regarding hopelessness ...... life is not all about doom and gloom ...... kids should be encouraged to have a positive attitude to life, about 'giving' to society not just 'taking'.

PS wotan you grammar is right off....you did comment about big-all :)
You are correct, I have made necessary corrections to grammar.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back