Polio making a comeback.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
They think it may be from a recent arrival(s) who have been given live vaccine inoculation, maybe drops. UK stopped using that a long time ago now.

The Anti-vaxxers seem very quiet today,

Well if we eradicated it in the UK then it must have come from outside of the UK.

I wonder who that could have been?

I knew a woman that had Polio as a child, she never walked well when I knew her.

When I went to work in South Africa 40 years ago, I had to have medical cover and all sorts of health checks (the company I was going to work for paid for it) including chest x-rays for TB. 40 years ago! We should insist on health insurance for travellers who arrive here that start out from a high risk country.

Well if we eradicated it in the UK then it must have come from outside of the UK.

Obviously leaked from a MOD lab by a KGB double agent working for the North Koreans.

These things are never eradicated - some viruses can survive for years in the soil

It must be Brexit....

Cut ties with the EU, start using imperial again, old diseases rearing their ugly head.....

old diseases rearing their ugly head.....
The fire of London cropping up again might help. Haven't heard much about the black death of late. The water boards are working hard on bringing dysentery back via our rivers.

Polio - maybe some missed the vaccine aspect of what was found. The live version may be used by any number of countries.

Enough said.
Recent because of how the drops style polio vaccination method works. It results in the virus existing in the gut for a while without getting into the rest of the body so for some months they can be found in people's stools as they are called. The drops can contain 3 strains of weakened polio virus.

They’re all out getting their Polio jabs.
I’m actually not sure If I’m vaccinated, my Mum was into alternative medicine and stuff when I was youn….and I’m not sure I got it or not.

What age would I have got it, anybody know?

Sponsored Links
Back