Predict the outcome of the 4th July election

I think starmer will get a small majority. Personally I’ve always had a sigh of relief when one party can barely cling to power. It seems to keep the infighting to a minimum and policies have to be reasonable. Strong majorities have daft ideas.

Sponsored Links
We might be on holiday on July 4th. If so, we'll have to do a postal vote. Mind you, if we are voting differently, we won’t bother as one will cancel out the other.

Heaven forbid that if @ellal 's partner were to vote differently - he'd end up hating them as well as his Dad!

We might be on holiday on July 4th. If so, we'll have to do a postal vote. Mind you, if we are voting differently, we won’t bother as one will cancel out the other.

Heaven forbid that if @ellal 's partner were to vote differently - he'd end up hating them as well as his Dad!
Postal votes are so open to fraud, allege some

Sponsored Links
I think starmer will get a small majority. Personally I’ve always had a sigh of relief when one party can barely cling to power. It seems to keep the infighting to a minimum and policies have to be reasonable. Strong majorities have daft ideas.
May as well have Proportional Representation in that case.

Starmy will get a big majority with reform taking votes from the tories. A low turnout.

reform taking votes from the tories

That does appear to be their purpose.

You can see it in the "over 65s" chart since 2023.

chrome_screenshot_22 May 2024 17_19_31 BST~3.png

Last edited:
That does appear to be their purpose.

You can see it in the "over 65s" chart since 2023.

View attachment 344032
Reforms role is to steer the toreys to the right, far rage is their cheerleader in chief and propagandist, not an electable politician. When he was electable he tried to destroy the body he was elected to.

Starmy will get a big majority
I personally think he will struggle to get a working majority

Labour need a bigger swing than 1997 and Starmer hasnt got the personality to to encourage voters.

not that "a personality" is what we need most right now

Do you mix with a lot of over-65's?

No. But at the same time we're all guessing and these opinion polls do tend to bring out interesting voting patterns , which don't reflect them

I've never been asked about my voting intention in all my decades - so who do they ask?

Some people liked Johnson and Truss.

Ken Dodd used to be popular. Did this show him to be competent PM material?

He couldn't have been any worse as PM than any of the recent incumbents at no 10

Sponsored Links
Back