Predict the outcome of the 4th July election

Funny you should mention that. National Grid announced yesterday that they plan to invest £60billion over the next five years. They will partially fund this with £7billion from investors, and by cutting dividends, and by selling a gas asset. I believe this is double the investment in the previous five years, but I can't find the figures now

I applaud them for not acting like our privatised water companies, which raised money by huge loans which the customers pay the interest on, and handing it out to shareholders, leaving the companies crippled by debt, and underinvested, with filthy infrastructure.
Partly due to the weak as mottie sphincter water regulator. The regulators have generally been neutered and weakened by Governments.

Sponsored Links
Partly due to the weak as mottie sphincter water regulator. The regulators have generally been neutered and weakened by Governments.
I'd love to see proper controls in and of the "regulator" system.
The only politician I remember saying the power generation administration/pricing needed a proper sort out was someone called Truss.
I hate that money from bills we pay goes to foreign owners. Any profits should only go back into investment in the industry.

Make it so difficult to comply with laws that foreign owners become desperate to sell back to HMG. Nationalisation brings other problems, but versions of ofgem, ofwat etc could deal with those.

Agree all regulators need a revamp, like pretty much everything in this country its shocking we have zero protection.

Thing is there was a time when you would complain to a company and they would respond in a favourable way no matter what as they seemed to have some sense of honour and genuine concern about a customer complaint. Now its defaulted to rebuff.

We should have a customer service charter, i think a bit like Spain is it where they have a max call wait/response time SLA for customers/consumers etc.

The regulators have generally been neutered and weakened by Governments.

Often owned by government, and operate only with the permission of government.
They regulate, to a degree that the government wants them to.

It's all a bit of a show, really.

Sponsored Links
this says it all really:

Cathryn Ross, the new interim joint chief executive of Thames water was a former head of watchdog Ofwat

If the regulator is in the pockets of water companies what chance do you stand

water companies donate to Conservative party:

THAMES WATER'S DONATION TO CONSERVATIVE PARTY​

For 29 years the Tories have been taking donations from water companies.
It should surprise no one that Tory MPs blocked legislation that would have required water companies to reduce the raw sewage it pumps into our rivers.

One-Fifth of Elite Conservative Donors Run Firms Penalised for Corporate Infringements​

38 top donors to the governing party have held directorships in companies cumulatively fined nearly half a billion pounds since 2010, the Byline Intelligence Team and The Citizens reveal

things are gonna start gettin nasty in this election campaign

here is a taste of whats to come

Any profits should only go back into investment in the industry.
What are investments or businesses intended to do. Provide income to the investors. The level could be looked at, might be a good idea in the case of larger house building co's. Also the FED pointing out that corporations are running at higher levels than they used to. ~25% increase.

Regulators set a profit margin. It has to be at a level that will attract investors. They also need to keep an eye on what the companies get up to. Eg gas shenanigans a while ago. The same problem can crop up when things are out for tendering.

Utilities provide a steady income so traditionally the returns are lower than less secure things. ;) Much like the game of Monopoly.

Lots of companies - supposed to provide competition. Change your supplier regularly. In some cases that results in yet another company that run the distribution aspects. BT fits in with that at the bottom of the net level. They are also running fibre all over the place for local distribution.

Investment - often done via debt, Serious amounts of cash in a company are seen as dead money. They have this term called gearing - how much debt they should always have. There is a company called Tarmac. I know some one who worked for them and looked after their shares investments in other companies. It shows a return on their money. LOL I was sold to a company that might be called cash rich. They look for likely things to buy maybe some sphere off a largish company that wants to get out of it. Support it to some extent. Get it running sensibly and then sell it and show a profit. My brother had a similar experience.

My prediction:
Very low turnaround and whoever gets into government will continue screwing the working class.

Rachel appears to be a pretty bright cookie. Didn't listen to much of her speech. I've heard the ideas. More the point when it came to questions time. Even GBnews didn't have an easy time. All she had to do was repeat what she had already said. Sometimes a mix. Looks like the OBR is going to figure more. Corporation tax - it's competitive as it is. She could add cuts didn't achieve anything. It didn't.

One stupid one - will you hold an emergency budget as soon as you get in.

One interesting one. No mention of FT100's in the letter of support from business Labour have received. The Tory did boost FT100 value initially but since then it's much more of a bounce around. Indicating the increase isn't as simple as it appeared to be.

Farage - after 5+ mins of how wonderful he was forecasting the small boat problem I turned it off. He did however mention the drop off in deportations. :) No point in mentioning that on here, already have. All sorts of reasons crop up that disregard that.

What are investments or businesses intended to do. Provide income to the investors. The level could be looked at, might be a good idea in the case of larger house building co's. Also the FED pointing out that corporations are running at higher levels than they used to. ~25% increase.
"intended".?
Nope. Don't do that. If they aren't nationalised, they can issue bonds, so investores get interest. Set by regulators.

Agree all regulators need a revamp, like pretty much everything in this country its shocking we have zero protection.

Thing is there was a time when you would complain to a company and they would respond in a favourable way no matter what as they seemed to have some sense of honour and genuine concern about a customer complaint. Now its defaulted to rebuff.

We should have a customer service charter, i think a bit like Spain is it where they have a max call wait/response time SLA for customers/consumers etc.

The economics parlence is Agency / Regulatory Capture.

Some industries are natural monopolies because of high entry costs - water, railways, gas / electricity grid.

So for Labour to get a 1 seat majority, they need to add 125 seats to what they currently have.

Sponsored Links
Back