Public grief.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like the terrorist murder in London is triggering a round of public grief but that isn't the question. The question is:

Is this televisual grief festival garnering hate against the Muslim community?

It didn't happen on troops killed abroad (which get a mere mention).

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
i think there is a difference between those who sign up to risk their lives in defence of their country, and those who innocently walk the street expecting to go about their business in reasonable safety.

you lil trollolo

I can't even begin to imagine the grief that soldiers' family are feeling at the moment.

I am also thinking about the fellow squaddies of the murdered soldier.

Imagine being trained to kill the enemy day in day out, then one day discover your fellow squaddie and mate has been slaughtered on his own doorstep.
The burning simmering hatred and feelings of revenge must be unbearable for his buddies at this present time. I bet their c/o is keeping them on a tight leash.

Joe.

You are obviously missing the amount of support this issue has had FROM the Muslim community.

You are stepping dangerously close to appearing a blinkered racist.

I have mentioned that there is more than one flavour of Islam, this means you cannot just get out the superwide tar brush and just attack 'Muslims' as a whole.

In answer to your question.

Yes to those who haven't studied the sectarianism within Islam there will a be a blanket knee jerk reaction to Muslims.

Sponsored Links
In answer to your question Joe, I think yes it probably does.

It also shows the extremist nutters what they want to see

fellow squaddie and mate has been slaughtered

Right wording, he was not murdered, not killed, but just like Halal butchers do it, he was SLAUGHTERED by that religion claiming it is about peace and tolerance. :evil:

When their is a death (for whatever reason) amongst the muslim communities they are all out on the streets crying for all to see. I have seen it for many years on the telly.

So why should someone in the UK not also do the same?

MDF - I too have missed the support from the muslim community, but I have not missed the muslim cleric (or whatever he is) that refused to abhor it - instead he agreed with it.

I have mentioned that there is more than one flavour of Islam, this means you cannot just get out the superwide tar brush and just attack 'Muslims' as a whole.

By 'more than one flavour', do you mean that there are a percentage of muslims who partake in barbarism, another much larger percentage who support this extreme violence on either combatants or non-combatants, or a small, almost mute, percentage of muslims who disagree and condemn the violence committed in the name of their 'peaceful' religion?

Muslims do seem to be particularly problematic, whether in their own country, or in others'. Why are they unable to exist in this country without bringing their tribal warfare to a relatively (for now) peaceful nation? Not getting the same problems with Jews, Buddhists, Sikhs, etc, etc.

By 'more than one flavour', do you mean that there are a percentage of muslims who partake in barbarism, another much larger percentage who support this extreme violence on either combatants or non-combatants, or a small, almost mute, percentage of muslims who disagree and condemn the violence committed in the name of their 'peaceful' religion?

Muslims do seem to be particularly problematic, whether in their own country, or in others'. Why are they unable to exist in this country without bringing their tribal warfare to a relatively (for now) peaceful nation? Not getting the same problems with Jews, Buddhists, Sikhs, etc, etc.

I blame the Jocks myself.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I blame the Jocks myself.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But that's not a religion. Unless you count Celtic/Rangers. :LOL: :LOL:

I too have missed the support from the muslim community, but I have not missed the muslim cleric (or whatever he is) that refused to abhor it - instead he agreed with it.

Yes and he's still out there free to preach his hatred.

That's because they still live in the middle ages. We were pretty much the same then, but we've grown up since.

Sponsored Links
Back