Robbing Parking Companies

Sponsored Links
It's free to park when you leave your car, but when you get back after two hours, they will be demanding thousands of pounds...
Those 'rules' fecked me up this morning. Went up to get the weekly shop, parked up, got my trolley, went into the store, took a self scanner, went to scan my nectar card on my phone and….no phone! I’d left it at home so had to go back for it as that’s how I pay for the shopping. Of course, I couldn’t go back in the same car so had to go in the other one. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Parking companies ect most of there operatives / wardens got the job because they are devoid of common sense

Come transams revolution alot if these fruit cakes would be sacked on the spot or stood up against the nearest wall

Could you not have gone on the bike? Or are both the cameras rear-plate catchers?
To get the weekly shop? Possibly but I’m not as skilled a rider as this fella.

IMG_6127.jpeg

Hmm.. Could be a contributory factor in that recent BMI discussion :D

Whaddya mean, you still actually go to a shop and carry things yourself? We pay 50 quid a year for someone to spend an hour wandering round crating up our stuff and driving it to us; I can't even drive to my local supermarket and back 50 times on 50 quid!

Hmm.. Could be a contributory factor in that recent BMI discussion :D

Whaddya mean, you still actually go to a shop and carry things yourself? We pay 50 quid a year for someone to spend an hour wandering round crating up our stuff and driving it to us; I can't even drive to my local supermarket and back 50 times on 50 quid!
When we used to do that, we'd often find stuff with short use by dates as picked by the pickers. I prefer to pick my own goods. It’s also a hangover from covid times when I started doing the weekly shop - one less pair of sweaty hands handling my food - it’s for that reason I only do scan and shop. Can you buy loose fruit and veg that you weigh yourself if getting it delivered instead of pre-packed? Do you think they'd search through and pick the freshest looking peppers, onions, carrots, parsnips etc. etc. if they did? Anyway, Mrs Mottie is still working 3 days per week while I’m retired so it’s only fair that I do it. Apart from anything else, it gives me something to do!

Aye buying online sucks, no ****s given by the staff who wander round the store loading those trolleys.

I understand the argument but I'll personally don't think I'll ever ascribe to it; hundreds of people touch or breathe on everything in our daily lives, and our immune system allows us us live to a ripe old age anyway. Taking one touch point out of the equation is a drop in the ocean

Father in law used to keep a pack of dettol wipes in his porch and carefully wipe down every loose orange and lemon, potato and onion etc.

On the short date or bashed stuff, I think that problem was solved ages ago; if Asda deliver a load of stuff with dates too short to use in the time, we complain over the app and they just refund it, same for damaged or incorrectly picked items. As such, we tend to find we don't get ridiculously short dates any more (we did, tis true) and the refunds we make are rare so we don't feel like we're taking the mickey with it. Sometimes there is a bit of a boost too on the substitutions we get - order one 400g jar of basics whatever and get 2x 300g jars of extra special whatever

But I'll agree with you on the social aspect; it's really nice to have a wander down to shop or market, pick your food, have a bit of a laugh with a fellow human being - at the moment we're happy to forego that for the convenience of delivered food (even do Gousto now to inject a bit of variety without having to take the time to research a new meal, order the ingredients etc..) when time seems short and the kids are demanding as f..

.. but maybe one day we'll revert to those responsibility free days like in early twenties working/earning, hitting the shop on the way home, buying something nice and different, and enjoying a mealtime!

Reminds me of something happend a long time ago when mobile phones were rare as hens teeth, at Torquay harbour they had a clamping company but harbour employees had stickers for their vehicles, one day a chap took his wifes car as his was in for mot, put a handwriten note and told harbour office, but still clamped by the tw#t, so old boy spots clamper in his van doing paperwork , jumps into huge tele hoist for lifting boats, lifts clampers van and drives to edge of harbour, clamper can't get our as passenger door is up against the machine drivers door is up in space about 30 ft above the water, he was shouting for help, everyone just laughed, he was finally let down after he had dropped the clamp keys down so the dock employee could release his car, afaik nothing happend to the docker, Probably different today would be done for imprisonment or the like.

Sponsored Links
Back