Rolf Harris Arrested

Sponsored Links
I bet he enjoys a quick blow on his didgeridoo. ;)

Ooooh, ooooh can I say it first....

Is he accused of sexually assaulting two little boys?

Sponsored Links
Am I the only one who see's a witch hunt here. As far as I know not one of these accusations (not even the original JS) has ever been tested in Court. I can see a possibility of libel claims against the Police.(Which, of course, we, the taxpayer will pay)

innocent till proven guilty

these cases can take years to sort out

It's a tricky one in't it. I heard on the radio this morning it comes from a solitary complaint from a long time ago. That's a bit different from multiple complaints coming in from unrelated sources. Without knowing the details if it was, say, 30 or 40 years ago how can they be sure the complaint is genuine. How do they know it's not a standard girlfriend who got ****ed off because he gave her the push. On the other hand you can't let these people get away with it just because they're off the telly.

Am I the only one who see's a witch hunt here. As far as I know not one of these accusations (not even the original JS) has ever been tested in Court. I can see a possibility of libel claims against the Police.(Which, of course, we, the taxpayer will pay)

You cannot sue the police for libel. They have a qualified exemption.

It makes sense as most people who are arrested get released without charge dependent on evidence.
The Police service would be bankrupt if everyone sued them every time they were arrested and released.
If someone makes an accusation it has to be followed through otherwise they sould be sued instead for NOT arresting people.

The sad thing is crimestoppers that much lauded service (by the police at least) where you can contact them anonymously via phone or the internet without revealing your identity is absolutely awash with false and malicious accusations wasting mountains of police time.

Want to screw up someone life? Just phone crimestoppers and say they fiddle with kids.

The resultant information will stay on that persons record for life affecting their employability even if the accusation was totally bogus.
Since Huntley the police keep all records of domestic or child abuse regardless of source on a persons police file even untested information from crimestoppers which is anonymously given.

It's a national disgrace but because it is a 'charity' (Another jobs for the boys ex police role like ceop) you cannot get freedom of information requests answered.

Just to clarify the Rolf Harris case though. Suggesting the police information is true ie suggesting Rolf has been sexually assaulting people will leave YOU open to being sued for Libel. It's a grey area as the information is in the public domain but dependent on what you say and the end outcome you could be sued.
Remember Lord McAlpine..

The sad thing is crimestoppers that much lauded service (by the police at least) where you can contact them anonymously via phone or the internet without revealing your identity is absolutely awash with false and malicious accusations wasting mountains of police time.

I think the concept of 'Crimestoppers' is a good one, but it requires one minor change. If the accused is found to be innocent, the accuser(s) should suffer the same fate as the accused would have done - and their 'no win - no fee' lawyers as well.

Simple.

I think the concept of 'Crimestoppers' is a good one, but it requires one minor change. If the accused is found to be innocent, the accuser(s) should suffer the same fate as the accused would have done - and their 'no win - no fee' lawyers as well.

Simple.

That would require informers NOT to be anonymous and defeats the whole idea of crimestoppers. It enables people to report things with ABSOLUTELY nothing to link them to the reports true or not.

In fact crimestoppers claim is that they have never identified a single informant.

It is in its current form an abomination and directly against section 8 of the Human rights act and should be closed down.

Then in cases like this the accuser should have to identify themselves to the police. They could be assured of anonymity unless, of course, they prove to be lying.

Sponsored Links
Back