Sadiq Khan

An absolutely stunning concept.

GardenBridge-20170814112905679.jpg

How much would it have cost though, realistically? Plus the upkeep.etc etc

It's a nice idea but but practice? Likely not.

They do need to sort out Hammersmith though, but it seems the government doesn't wish to fund it. Not sure why not, maybe it's a pettiness thing against Kahn.

However the government is willing to pay something like £80 million for a new a120 option which just so happens to afford the opportunity to build god knows how many new homes and to serve a waste incinerator

Sponsored Links
Who’s in charge of TFL Notch. Khant has messed up 100s of thousands of peoples lives regarding the bridge. Years & nothing. His chickens are definitely on there way back to roost. This term will ruin him.

It's not Khans fault:

"The bridge is owned by Hammersmith & Fulham Council, which cannot afford the estimated £140 million to restore the bridge to full use"

And the Tory party won't give them central funding.

But you can't accept any criticism of Tory party so you blame Khan.

The weirdos blocked the stunning bridge. Look at images & honestly tell me it wasn’t a great idea.

Your tribalism is making you be dishonest.
Weirdos did not block the bridge.

Please please please deal in facts

The bridge got cancelled because the backers pulled out and planning issues.

Sponsored Links
The bridge got cancelled because the backers pulled out and planning issues.
And what do you suppose made the backers nervous?

Bozza used his mayoral position to brush aside the decision making and accountability process - such banal things as purchasing the land and planning permission, were things he thought he could sort out later on.

It's no wonder Bozza finds the subject embarrassing and uncomfortable.

Last edited:
And the Tory party won't give them central funding.

But you can't accept any criticism of Tory party so you blame Khan.
It's embarrassing for the UK. They are on about resorting to ferry crossings, FFS!
Tory Backwards Britain.

Khant had admitted it’s between him & H & F to deal with. He’s in charge of organising a temporary ferry service..., 2 years later, nothing . Do the Khan supporters not know that?

London is full of illegals and benefit claimants, and they are Khant's fan base and who have benefitted from his crazy schemes.
What do illegals look like? You must have an amazing gift of discerning 'illegals' from fifty paces to be able to make such an assertion.

Although, to his credit, there are now more halal chicken shops in London than in the rest of Europe.
Just out of interest, how many halal shops are their in London? And how many in the rest of London? :rolleyes:

You've already demonstrated how easily you'll resort to lies when you claimed that I said anyone with an Italian passport is associated with fascism:
"You have associated anyone with italian passport to the fascists."
Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/disappeared-thread.570793/#ixzz6uRs2TbVF
I made no such statement.
I said, and it is historical fact, that many Italians supported fascism.
I said that to disprove your nonsensical claim that being of Italian descent somehow makes you immune to being racist.
Being Italian does not provide immunity against racism.
Many Italians supported fascism.

So now we've established your outright lying, your observation about halal shops in London can be dismissed out of hand.

Last edited:
The government funding to tfl have been cut because khant said tfl didn't need it.
This is the Elizabeth line before Lord Covid started

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.s...bn-overspend-lets-taxpayers-down-mps-11765829

Before khant got elected the project was on time and on budget.

That's incorrect - the funding cut was agreed by Boris in his last year as Mayor.

The UK's capital city used to get grants from the government, amounting to £700m a year.

This all changed in 2015 when Mr Johnson, as London mayor in the final full year of his term, and then-Chancellor George Osborne agreed to phase out this government operating grant.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54652907

However, more money was needed and so in 2009, in his first term as mayor, Mr Johnson announced he had "secured one of the largest loans ever for a transport project" - an extra £1bn from his "good friends at the European Investment Bank" for "the unstoppable force that is Crossrail".

The project was never on time or on budget.

This was in 2010, and the delays build up.

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/...-crossrail-delay-not-end-of-world-20-10-2010/

Corssrail will be delayed by a year after cuts of more than £1bn were announced yesterday, according to Mayor of London Boris Johnson.

The scheduled completion date has been pushed back to 2018 but Mr Johnson reiterated the government’s commitment to delivering the project in its entirety.

The problem for TFL is its funding - its mainly from rail fares unlike other tube systems in other countries.

A report in November 2018 showed that TfL received only £55m in grants - a stark contrast to the help it received only a few years before.

It said: "The loss of the government operating grant within just a few years has been the single largest change to TfL's income streams. Just four years ago, TfL received £876m in grants."

Since then TfL has been heavily reliant on fares as a source of income.

_115050985_london_underground_chart_640-nc.png

Affordable homes are only part of his mates building shoe boxes to rent at extortionate rates and a small number of these boxes are used for social housing.
In the mean time, khant's friends have had green light to build anywhere they want without any restrictions.
Then if you call affordable a £250.000 one bedroom flat in zone 6 which will fall apart in 10 years, i agree with you.

You have mentioned it that Khan mates have gotten rich off these contracts. Which mates are these? I can't find it anywhere - you must know something concrete - I would like to know if there has been corruption.

Sponsored Links
Back