skips

We have greedy boards in Yorkshire.

Doors tend to be the favorite round here.

I prefer these skips my self.

Skips-Prawn.jpg

Sponsored Links
we call them sensible down our way, when you consider the price! Never done one like that though!

Used to have them on my tranny pickup when on the scrap,carry twice as much, always thought it was from the travellers era, using them on thier horse and carts.

Sponsored Links
markie said:
Any more who call them greedy boards ?

yup i do in lancs and most folk i know. I had a skip for earth a few weeks back when i was digging out for underfloor heating. Every 6inch load i put on got rollered down with a concrete roller :LOL:

I didnt overfill it but boy i bet it was heavy- proper compacted was that skip :eek:

Must be a northern thing. Surprised you even have skips really, can't you just dump your rubble on the Dales or the lakes or something?

:evil:

keyplayer said:
Must be a northern thing. Surprised you even have skips really, can't you just dump your rubble on the Dales or the lakes or something?

:evil:

Maybe them who live near the Dales etc.. would but it's a wee bit too far where I live, it would costs too much to travel down and back.

PS whats with the remark anyway ? :rolleyes:

We have to keep the dales nice and tidy so it looks pretty when you southerners come and drive around really slowly, admiring the view.

gcol said:
It was indeed. Taken just outside of Preston city centre. You know it or found out somehow from the car reg?

It was a bit of a shot in the dark, but there aren't that many streets of terraces with black lampposts and trees like that.

So is that just a NW thing, those black lamp posts I mean? I never really thought about it before. I quite like Preston, used to go Deepdale Park shopping quite a bit.

Spark123 said:
So is that just a NW thing, those black lamp posts I mean? I never really thought about it before. I quite like Preston, used to go Deepdale Park shopping quite a bit.
Most twee towns have tried to retain them. Usually where the toffs live but in some select areas they've tried to give our coloured residents a taste of olde england too. :rolleyes: The general folk round here (the ones that pay their council tax) have to make do with steel tubes with lamps on em.

I know what you mean in there are a lot of ethnic minority groups now in Preston, it can be a bit un-nerving if people stray into the wrong area of town.

Sponsored Links
Back